• April 25, 2024, 08:39:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Need Help Can't Figure This One Out.  (Read 3554 times)

Super_Coo

Need Help Can't Figure This One Out.
« on: January 13, 2009, 10:10:49 AM »

Hi guys trying to setup a router for my parents computer.  Their computer is a 2500+ so it's decent and it has Windows XP installed on it.  I've setup a few linksys in the past with no issues but this one I can't seem to figure out.

It's a PPPOE connection so I enter the username and password and basically leave the rest default settings.

It does have the latest firmware 3.01 and it is a version C.

It will connect to sites in Firefox or IE for a few seconds... then nothing.
Then all the different sites time out.  What confuses me is that it does work for a few seconds which would mean my username and password are typed in correctly.  When I disconnect the router and go direct to the High Speed Modem it works great.

I believe the router is communication with the PC ok because I can always at any time type in 192.168.0.1 and go into that setup with no delays.

Any ideas?

arod

Re: Need Help Can't Figure This One Out.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 11:55:45 AM »

Super_Coo,

Where you're connected directly to the modem, what IP address are you getting. Most of the time when using DSL you will have to contact your service provider and ask them to put your modem in bridge mode. This is because you're double NAT'ing

Super_Coo

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 12:15:49 PM »

When connected direct through the providers DSL modem what's the easiest way to see what my IP is?
I know I could figure it out and have done it in the past but it's been a while. 

Also I would have to guess that their providers modem is set ok because my sisters boyfriend recently had an older model d-link router there for months and it worked fine for them.

When connected directly to the DSL modem you have to "connect" via software in Windows XP...
If that makes any difference.

Super_Coo

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 07:14:10 AM »

Well I read a similar problem like mine.
Changed the Advanced Network speed setting from 10/100(auto) to just 10mbs and it works fine now.

Stupid router!