• April 25, 2024, 10:42:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: SOLVED: Failed to Map Drive or Connect via FTP  (Read 12119 times)

jonboy

• Level 1 Member
SOLVED: Failed to Map Drive or Connect via FTP
« on: June 22, 2014, 02:34:49 PM »

Hello Everyone -
Totally stumped on this one - after spending a few hours reading through this forum I can say I don't know what else to try.

I've had my DNS-321 for approx. 6 years now - In the past few months I've had similar connection issues to what I've read on here - and like most - I've just been powering down - and rebooting and that's been fine.
Well I can no longer map a drive or connect via FTP.  
I can access the Configuration no problem.  I've tried setting up another user - in selecting a folder for FTP I can see all my data but cannot connect.

Easy Search Utility -  Tried using Static IP and DHCP  
won't accept my admin credentials or my other user info
Getting Error:  Failed to Map Drive

Tried going thru Start Menu / Run / typing in \\IP  both using Static and DHCP and no dice...
getting No network provider accepted at given path.

Same thing when connecting via FTP using Filezilla and when using MS explorer - It sees the server but does not connect and times out.   I've tried explicet TLS settings and different ports.

Also tried connecting directly but the Easy Utility couldn't find my DNS-321

Updated the Firmware to 1.3
Running XP sp3

Any suggestions would be great!  I feel like I'm overlooking something very obvious here!
Yes the system is powered up - blue lights on and network lights blinking.

Thanks in advance for any advice!  
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 06:38:14 PM by jonboy »

jonboy

• Level 1 Member
Re: Failed to Map Drive or Connect via FTP
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 02:46:07 PM »

Also would like to ad I know this NAS has had a good run of it and may be open to getting a new NAS
maybe a 4bay DNS-345

Do you think I could just hot swap my existing RAID1 drives into a DNS-345
I'm looking to expand anyways.  Just a thought.  Thanks!

jonboy

• Level 1 Member
Re: Failed to Map Drive or Connect via FTP
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 04:17:56 PM »

I'm not having problems accessing the NAS using a Mac Book.   Just on an older XP machine which used to be the only way I would access the NAS.

Also found this info on DigitalHobbit  but I haven't gotten to the point of trying it yet.
Should any of you who own a DNS-321 start to have problems with it dropping off the network, intermittently, and if that problem gets worse to the point where it seems "dead" - i have some good info for you.  rip it apart, there is a battery on the bottom of the logic board, when that battery dies, so too will the power to the NIC.  Take the battery out, problem solved.  You might replace it, I'm still glowing for finding this - In addition, the DNS- and the HDD's will run about 10deg cooler w/o all the bullsnot casing.  My guess is this oversight on D-Links part is generating a little extra revenue. 

jonboy

• Level 1 Member
Re: SOLVED: Failed to Map Drive or Connect via FTP
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 06:40:19 PM »

For anyone interested - or experiencing freakish issues

Try renaming your  workgroup under connection settings seemed to do the trick for me.
Changed the name - restart for changes to take effect.  drive mapped using d-link utility.