• March 28, 2024, 01:57:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can no longer connect to DAP 1555  (Read 24099 times)

lachet

Can no longer connect to DAP 1555
« on: October 20, 2008, 09:37:27 PM »

Hello,

I've had two DAP-1555's set up as an AP and Bridge for about a year.  When I first set them up everything worked flawlessly.  I recently moved and wanted to change some settings.  I tried connecting to the devices using "dlinkap" and "192.168.0.50" and cannot connect to EITHER unit.  I've tried on Vista, XP, and 2000.  I've also reset both units and tried connecting on Vista, XP, and 2000 and cannot get to a login screen.

I saw a similar issue under this thread: "Wireless N Bridge problem- DAP-1555"
My issue sounds identical except that I have TWO units both not connecting at the same time.

Can anyone offer some insight?  Since both units decided to stop working at the same time, it cannot be anything I've done.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

RussellM

• Level 2 Member
    • D-Link Technical Support
Re: Can no longer connect to DAP 1555
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 12:39:27 PM »

Hello Lachet,

Well, it's very interesting that you can't login to either of them. If you did reset the device (by holding the reset button for 10 seconds) then lets look at some other things; When you reset the device, the IP address, like you said, is in fact 192.168.0.50. Now, before you type that into the address bar make sure you're connected directly to one of the 4 ports. You also have to set a static IP on your network adaptor to match that of the DAP, so in your adaptor properties set an IP address of 192.168.0.60 and you should be able to login to it.

If you still can't login to it; Ping the device in the command prompt (Ctrl + R - then type cmd). Type 'Ping 192.168.0.50" if you get 4 replies then you should be able to login to it. If you get replies and the configuration page won't come up; Make sure you don't have any proxy settings in the browser or just Reset the browser and try a different one. Or disable any firewalls you may have.

If the ping requests say "Request Timed Out" then go ahead and reset the device again.

Best of Luck,

Russell

Mick

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 06:09:17 PM »

Hi!  I've had a similar issue with my 1555 unit awhile back.  When you attempted to reset the unit, did the unit actually reset?  Did all the leds flash a few times?  Either way, if you can't get the login page, try resetting the 1555 this way:  With the unit plugged in, press the reset button on the back of the unit and hold it in; then while still holding in the reset, unplug the unit and wait a few seconds;  plug the unit back in and release the reset button.  This should reset the unit so you can get back to the setup page with either dlinkap or 192.168.0.50.  I hope this helps.  This unlocked my 1555.

/Mick

lachet

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 09:06:03 AM »

Russell,

Much thanks, I was able to get things working.  I had no idea I needed to set a static IP on my NIC to get it to connect that way, but it worked.  Once I got the one set up, I was able to get the bridge working using the push button method.

Any insight on why I would be able to connect using just the "dlinkap" before, and not now? (still doesn't work that way)  Not that I'm going to mess with it now, more curious than anything.

Thanks again!

RussellM

• Level 2 Member
    • D-Link Technical Support
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 09:44:11 AM »

Any insight on why I would be able to connect using just the "dlinkap" before, and not now? (still doesn't work that way)  Not that I'm going to mess with it now, more curious than anything.

Heya,

Well since you're using two of the same models, they might be conflicting with each other (Two dlinkap on the same subnet). You can change the name of the device by clicking the "Setup" tab on top, then "Network Settings" on the left hand side. The last option should be the name. Change one of them to "dlinkap1" for example. Power cycle it then give it a shot.

Also, you may want to verify upnp is installed on your system. When you were directly plugged into the DAP your O/S may not have been recognizing it 'automatically.' You just have to go into the add/remove programs then add/remove windows components to the left. It's under "Networking Services" (I think). Just make sure upnp is checked.

I'm glad you have them working again!

-Russell
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 09:56:28 AM by RussellM »