• March 28, 2024, 04:39:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Stuck at "System is booting..." after failed firmware upgrade  (Read 2728 times)

Melnok

• Level 1 Member

Hello.  I purchased the DNS-343 today and installed 4 x 2TB drives.  Initial boot up was successful, but I encountered the 94% formatting issue.  I proceeded to update the firmware (1.02 was installed) to 1.03, but the progress bar for installing the firmware appeared to hang about one-third of the way in.  After about half an hour of waiting I tried powering down but the system was unresponsive so I pulled the plug.  Now when I try booting up the device is stuck at the "System is booting..." message with the fans going.  With or without drives installed I can't appear to get past this screen.

While I fear the failed firmware upgrade is causing this, I was hoping someone might know if I would be seeing a different message or behavior if there was indeed a botched firmware and that this eternal boot issue is perhaps unrelated.  An even greater hope of mine is that there's some way to fix this thing  :)  Thanks!