• March 28, 2024, 08:07:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DVDs on hard disk  (Read 3534 times)

spysmily1

• Level 1 Member
DVDs on hard disk
« on: March 16, 2010, 02:43:15 PM »

I am using DVDFab to rip all my DVDs to hard disk. I am also using VOBMerge to merge all the individual VOBs together. I then use the DSM-520 to play the files.

The first problem I'm having is the aspect ratio of the movie is not correct in some cases. I've read somewhere about how the vertical needs to be stretched which seems to be the problem as I have black bars at the top and bottom. The black bars are not there when displayed on a DVD player. I didn't know if there was a way to stretch the video in a vob file.

The second problem is the rev/fwd and skip buttons don't work correctly. I was wondering if there was a way to ensure the vob files work like a dvd would on a player.

Keep in mind that I don't want to lose any quality. This does bring up the question of whether there is a lossless format I could convert my vob files? I wouldn't mind converting my files if that is the case

Thanks for any support

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DVDs on hard disk
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 05:21:57 AM »

You may want to take a look at using MediaCoder (www.mediacoderhq.com), an open source app that converts between practically all known video/audio containers and formats.  At the very least you should be able to open your VOB within the app and pull information describing how it differs from other VOBs you're working with that display properly.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 05:23:28 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC