D-Link Wireless Adapters > DWA-582

Can't get rid of the problems

<< < (6/6)

Patcha:
Seems we have similar issues and some time mistery.
Lately I bought two DWA 582 PCIe adapter WI-FI for relocated computers in home integrating Wi-Fi technology.

The two have Windows 10 , 64

First computer, I did what was requested on the package , install software and after the adapter on PCie slot. After rebooting , it works as it was supposed to do. The second computer was a little more complex. Did the same set up as first but had an issue with stability with the connection , connect , disconnect all the time no performance.
I went to the site D-Link and founded a new recommandation to install on windows 10 like do not use the include CD but let windows installed the drivers. After cleaning the computer from previous hardware, I restarted the process and didn't achieve any better result.

So I was thinking maybe an issue with the hardware and exchange it with a replacement unit from my vendor. I followed same recommandation process from tech D-Link and surprisingly, did not achieve better than previous.

It seems to me that windows 10 does not install properly the drivers to run it at first installation.  I resolved the issue by downloading the latest version of drivers and forced them into the unit. Strange , two parent computers, two same cards , same system and so much different ending.

FurryNutz:
Did you try hitting F8 during a power ON or reboot of the PC right after the BIOS screen is seen then select Disable driver enforcement feature? I've seen this issue with Windows 7 on x64 OSs that sometimes doing this can help.

Sounds like using the latest drivers and manually unpacking the drivers and manually installing them works though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version