• April 26, 2024, 10:16:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: D-Link DNS-325 Squeeze Center Update Needed  (Read 23670 times)

mcsbeach

• Level 1 Member
D-Link DNS-325 Squeeze Center Update Needed
« on: April 24, 2011, 04:44:48 PM »

I recently purchased the D-Link DNS-325 NAS, which came pre-loaded with Logitech Squeeze Center (Version: 7.3.2 - 24695). My question is:

Does anyone know how to update the Add-On Applications on the DNS-325 to the latest Logitech Squeeze Server (Version: 7.5.4 - r32171)?

I am unable to run any of my Squeeze devices on the D-Link DNS-325 because of the difference in server versions. My devices want me to downgrade the software to the Squeeze Center version when I try to 'Switch Library' to the DNS-325. Anyone else having this same problem?

I have contacted D-Link and they are looking into the issue and said that they would get back to me. The only Add-On Application to download on the D-link web-site is currently Squeeze Center Version 1.0.

Any help would be appreciated since I bought the DNS-325 specifically to run Squeeze Server

SherlockH

• Level 1 Member
Re: D-Link DNS-325 Squeeze Center Update Needed
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 10:04:25 AM »

Please keep us posted on how this turns out.  I am holding off on buying a DNS-325 until I get a clearer picture on how well D-Link supports these 'Add-On' Applications.  Since I am not a Linux guru, in theory the DNS-325 should be a great solution for me.  But issues like you are experiencing are what I am concerned about.

thw

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 10:37:21 AM »

Another data point, as of 5/18 from D-Link first line support:

<snip>
There is no set release date for a new Squeeze Center Add-on. Our product management team has been informed that some devices will not work with the current version, and they will have to review the issue for a possible update to the add-on.

Should you require further assistance with your D-Link products, please reply to this message, or call toll free at 877-453-5465.

Thank you for networking with D-Link.

Sincerely,
John M
D-Link Technical Support
<snip>

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 11:36:42 AM »

We are in the process of updating some of the primary system which will allow for the latest squeeze server to run. I have 7.5.3 running (one version behind the latest) and will release updates when they are ready for prime time.

thw

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 10:33:19 PM »

Thank you for the response; this is good news.  I'll monitor this thread for updates -- if you could make mention of any progress via this forum that would be great.    :)

mcsbeach

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 05:13:44 PM »

That is great news!  I purchased the D-Link DNS-325 specifically to use with my Squeezebox Network.  How do you plan on handling future Logitech upgrades to their Squeezebox devices and server?  Will we have to wait for you to provide an update to the Squeeze Center add-on or will we be able to update our D-Link DNS-325 so that it will work with their changes?

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 08:23:29 AM »

That is great news!  I purchased the D-Link DNS-325 specifically to use with my Squeezebox Network.  How do you plan on handling future Logitech upgrades to their Squeezebox devices and server?  Will we have to wait for you to provide an update to the Squeeze Center add-on or will we be able to update our D-Link DNS-325 so that it will work with their changes?

As of right now the update would need to come through us however we are working on a way that you could self update. It is a bit more complicated especially if it requires additional things to be installed.

axe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 08:03:06 AM »

Squeeze server 7.5.3 little problem.

Thanks for the 1.10 version, finally squeeze server works with my touch player without computer !!

But i cannot play any *.CUE files and if folder contains letter Ö/ö (etc. Motörhead, Mötley) it will not play even Flac files.
Is there a bug or something wrong with my settings ?

mcsbeach

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 09:14:37 PM »

I really like the idea of the users being able to self update to the latest firmware version.  Is there an update yet to the Squeeze Center for the D-Link DNS-325?  I noticed a forum post referring to version 1.10, but I haven't seen it available on the D-Link website yet.

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 08:32:35 AM »

I really like the idea of the users being able to self update to the latest firmware version.  Is there an update yet to the Squeeze Center for the D-Link DNS-325?  I noticed a forum post referring to version 1.10, but I haven't seen it available on the D-Link website yet.

It is in beta and available in the beta sub-forum. It will not show up on the D-Link site until it is officially released.

mcsbeach

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 03:54:50 PM »

I see that the beta version only includes support for SqueezeServer 7.5.3.  I am currently running 7.5.4 on all of my Logitech Squeeze devices.  I hope that the FINAL 1.1 Squeeze Center update will include support for the most current firmware for the SqueezeServer and associated devices ;)

thw

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 10:21:04 AM »

@D-Link Multimedia

Hi, thanks for the information. I've installed the beta Squeezecenter plugin and it seems to run just fine (1 version down-rev as noted, of course).  I took a pass on the beta DNS-325 firmware, which leads me to my question:

Has an official release date been discussed for the DNS-325 firmware update and/or the various plugins?  Thanks!

mcsbeach

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 03:22:23 PM »

FYI...The Logitech Squeezebox Server was recently updated to v7.5.5.

mcsbeach

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 07:39:42 PM »

FYI...The Logitech Squeezebox Server was just updated to v7.6.0.

stevede

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 10:35:52 PM »

Well, v7.7.2 is available in the meantime.

When will D-Link update the package for SqueezeCenter for DNS-325?
Pages: [1] 2