• March 29, 2024, 01:10:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Recommended DCS...  (Read 4610 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Recommended DCS...
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:57:02 AM »

I'm looking to purchase a networked camera for my home network (with Internet access).  The camera must have decent sound and an "okay" picture.  Low light is necessary and night vision would be a plus.

Is the DCS-930 the way to go?  Does the 1130 keep up with throughput given that it's wireless?
What's the best choice fpr home/personal use?  Are there other models (or brands) I should be looking at as well?

Thanks in advance...
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

pykr

• Level 1 Member
Re: Recommended DCS...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 06:56:57 PM »

as someone who just got a DCS-930L, i can tell you the wifi range isn't that great.  unless it's within 20ft or so of the router, it will not be able to maintain a stable connection.  but when the wifi connection is stable, pic quality is good enough with a max frame of 20fps at 640x480.  some competing IP cams have 640x480 resolution, but only 15fps max.

the 930L doesn't have night vision, and framerate will drop as light decreases.  there is a crackling/popping/static noises in the audio, so i just disabled the audio in the settings as i don't really need it.  this seems to be a common problem on the 932L as well. 

these are just my first impressions.  i'll have to use it for a few weeks before i can comment on durability.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 05:28:17 AM »

Thanks for your input.  I'm primarily concerned with video night/day (audio isn't as important) and the camera will be within close proximity of the wireless router with no obstructions.  Based on everything I've heard and read thus far I went ahead and purchased the DCS-932L.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 06:52:32 PM »

I purchased the DCS-932L and couldn't be more pleased with the purchase.  The unit was installed and up and running within 10 minutes.  Wireless throughput works flawlessly, as does the Android support.  Aside some minor Firefox issues, I have no complaints.