• March 28, 2024, 08:02:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: will not connect to internet  (Read 16750 times)

monkeymonkey

• Level 1 Member
will not connect to internet
« on: July 26, 2009, 11:44:35 AM »

I've been using the dir-628 for months.
We rearranged some a room and had to unplug everything for awhile.
Now it won't connect to the internet.  I think my computer is connected to the router, and the modem is working.  The router won't connect to the modem.  I tried to reinstall the CD, but it won't let me.
What can I do to get this working again?

tropicalfish

• Level 1 Member
Re: will not connect to internet
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 10:44:28 AM »

Turn off modem and router for 30 seconds. Turn on modem. Wait till it's fully started up (uplink/downlink lights all lit) and then turn on router.

mtdrmoney

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 05:40:01 PM »

I have the same problem (no connection from modem to router) and almost identical circumstances (equipment has been unplugged for 2 months). Direct connection of modem to computer is fine. Dir628 is not recognizing modem. I have unplugged modem and router. I have reset, rebooted, and reconfigured router and its settings, all to no avail. I am running Windows XP with Comcast as my ISP. Please help!!

Ranger75th

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 06:39:20 AM »

Same issue here. After upgrading modem now thw modem and the pc will not connect to the router. Wirelessly my laptop connects to the network, but wont go to the net. Vista diag says its a dns issue, but I cannot get into the router to try and fix it.

Danny1976

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 04:36:46 AM »

Go to that link to downgrade from 1.22NA to 1.12.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=11135.0

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 12:55:06 PM »

Before ever attempting to downgrade, try changing the WAN "speed" to either 10 or 100.  It has been reported that "Auto" seems to cause a lot of problems with "newer" modem technologies.