• March 28, 2024, 10:26:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS 5222L picture snapshots  (Read 17552 times)

scillyman

• Level 1 Member
    • Fuchsia Cottage Holidays
DCS 5222L picture snapshots
« on: August 03, 2012, 12:09:37 AM »

Hi I have been running a DCS 5300w webcam with it you could put pics to an ftp site without a new id for each pic so that the pic would continually overwrite the the previous .That way I can pick up the pic on my website (www.scillyman.co.uk ). I have bought a DCS 5222L and I can`t see how to disable the id suffix on the snap shots. This fills up the ftp site and my website cant pick up the pics. Anyone know how to do this.
Regards
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:12:36 AM by scillyman »

scillyman

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS 5222L picture snapshots
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 11:02:22 PM »

Hi, Just out of interest, DLink support tell me that this facility is not available on the DCS 5222L although it was on the DCS5300W. I am in email contact with D Link to pursue the Problem.
Regards

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 04:46:15 AM »

I'll add this as an entry on the DCS-5222L Wishlist thread.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

scillyman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 06:49:35 AM »

Hi, I have been in contact with D Link and I find it hard to believe the response.
I first contacted tech support who eventually said in effect, that`s the way it was designed and they may change the firmware at some time, and that was it. So no further forward.
I contacted customer support and after a number of e mails I have still got nowhere. I have been told by a Business Development Manager that it is in the design of the camera and that it cannot be changed.
Am I right, surely the problem is in the firmware? This would surely not be beyond the skills o***ood programmer. I therefore give up. I certainly will not be buying anymore D Link products if this is the level of support and care their customers get.
Regards

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 12:09:16 PM »

I'm sorry to read that you had such a poor experience. On a positive note, this is a brand new model, so perhaps changes are forthcoming.

scillyman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 10:01:27 PM »

Hi. You would like to think so, but the attitude really was tough that`s what it is live with it. No promise to do anything in the future.
Regards

scillyman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 01:03:43 AM »

Hi. Just out of interest have a look at my website   www.scillyman.co.uk/AllCams.html   My friend has just installed a cheap (£65.00 ) Foscam which is the Highertown cam. This cam puts up pictures by ftp without a date stamp so he has usable pics. The Lowertown cam is my DCS 5222L with a much higher spec. Because I can`t remove the time stamp I have to run the pics through a third party program and at the moment this is the best I can achieve.Both cams are installed inside a glass box so if it is raining the pics can be distorted.I wish I had bought the cheap Foscam.
Regards

scillyman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 10:00:33 PM »

Hi. At last I found a program that does what the DCS 5222L should do automatically. AbelCam picks up the picture from the cam and uploads it by ftp without a time stamp. It is a pity that D Link can`t be bothered to rectify this shortcoming.
Regards

Popovice

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 11:05:30 AM »

Actually this seems to be exactly the same issue I'm referring in my post:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=52617.0

I looks like that all the DCS devices with the "new" user interface (942L, 2132L, 5222L, etc.) have this same problem. To me it doesn't seem a big deal to fix this issue in firmware, but of course the ultimate decision is up to the D-Link product management...

scillyman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 08:54:23 PM »

You would have thought that as the code was in the older cams DCS5300 etc. That it wouldn`t be too difficult to add this to the new cams. As you can see I started my discussions with D Links tecs back in August 2012 and their refusal to even consider a change left me a bit cold. With the current firmware being 1.01 I wonder what they are doing.
Regards

scillyman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 11:07:56 PM »

Well here we are in April, 9 months on and still no attempt to rectify this fault and I presume on the same firmware version.
Regards

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 05:07:37 AM »

Hi. At last I found a program that does what the DCS 5222L should do automatically. AbelCam picks up the picture from the cam and uploads it by ftp without a time stamp. It is a pity that D Link can`t be bothered to rectify this shortcoming.
Regards

If you believe this product provides some value to the D-Link camera community, please add it to the following thread and we'll include it in our list: D-Link Network Cameras - Third Party Applications to Monitor Video