• March 28, 2024, 05:25:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WBR-1310 router and video streaming problems  (Read 3640 times)

Fosus

• Level 1 Member
WBR-1310 router and video streaming problems
« on: December 06, 2010, 10:54:41 AM »

I am new to the forum. I have searched the forums but cannot find an answer to my question, which is this:
I have a D-Link WBR-1310 router and I have been streaming movies and tvshows from Hulu, Crackle and now Amazon for a whille now. In all cases, thouugh not so much wit Hulu, streaming movies is a tortuous affair. The stream is interrupted quite often, sometimes after 10 or 15 minutes aometimes every few (2 or 3) minutes. I have to refresh or use CTL-ALT-DEL to stop and reload the site page.
Comcast cable is my ISP, and I have 1.3 mbps download speeds (tested) though Amazon's test says movies are being downloaded at aboiut 500kbps!
Comcast tech says it is my firewall or router's firewall blocking ports. D-Link tech support helped my reconfigue the router and it is somewhat better, but it still stutters and freezes.
I have been told tha Comcast restricts bandwildth for downloads especially at night when gamers are home. True or not I do not know.
My question to youall is then-would a 11.n router be better for streaming than my 11.g router?
I have an HP dv6-2150us media laptop with intel I-3 core chip, 4 gb ram and a intel 4500 onboard video processor with up to 1695mb video memory for streaming playback.
Thanks for reading and any help.  Fosus