• March 29, 2024, 02:43:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wireless connection stops every 30 seconds  (Read 2569 times)

pulsar51

• Level 1 Member
Wireless connection stops every 30 seconds
« on: April 27, 2014, 10:29:57 AM »

I bought a DCS-930L last week. The installation has been very challenging, but at the end my camera was up and running using both connections (LAN and wireless). Just one thing doesn't satisfy me. When the camera is wireless connected, it seems that the connection goes down for a while (2 or 3 sec) every 30 sec.
Led change to red and video is'nt sent. My question is: is this the normal behaviour of the camera or I defined something wrong anywhere? Firmware installed is 1.11. Thanks a lot.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Wireless connection stops every 30 seconds
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 10:52:10 AM »

No this is not normal. Try rebooting your router. You may also want to reserve an IP address in the router for the DCS-930L.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

pulsar51

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 02:02:23 AM »

Yes, already done may times, but today camera seems to work fine. I suspect there is a bug in my adsl router supplied by Telecomitalia telephone company. This router can manage a network usb disk, but sometimes it loses this connection. I suppose that, in this case, the router attempt to recovery the network disk, (polling it every 30 secs) dropping the wireless connection. Let me check again this condition. I'll notify you the result.
Just for info to other people, the adsl router is    Alice Gate VoIP version AGPF_4.7.0.
Tks.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 05:21:59 AM »

If you log into the DCS-930L web UI from a PC on the same LAN as the camera and view the live video feed, can you maintain a persistent connection or does it drop or does the problem occur for both LAN and Internet?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC