• April 24, 2024, 08:40:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DAP-1325 switching mac addresses  (Read 6527 times)

brnogu

• Level 1 Member
DAP-1325 switching mac addresses
« on: September 03, 2020, 03:38:11 AM »

Hi everyone!

I have recently purchased a DAP-1325 and even after multiple firmware updates it has the same issue.
I'm using it as an wireless AP and I've noticed that the connection between the AP and the main router is dropped randomly for a few seconds and reestablished right after. By having a closer look I noticed that each time the connection was dropping the mac is switching between 2 different addresses.

I have no idea how to overcome this issue, a wired connection is not possible at all. :(

Hardware Version: A1
Firmware Version: 1.07

I hope that you can help me find a solution

Thank you!

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DAP-1325 switching mac addresses
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 06:17:50 AM »

To verify you have the DAP-1325 wired to your router and your mac is dropping connection when roaming/switching WiFi networks? Not sure what switching between 2 addresses means.

What version OS? MAC laptop or desktop?

brnogu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 07:58:35 AM »

Hi GreenBay42! Thank you for your quick reply!

Router ----- (Wireless) -------> DAP-1325 ----- (Wireless) -------> Clients
Everything is connected via wireless and the connection dropping is the one from the DAP-1325 to the router. The clients keep connected but without internet.
I noticed that each time the connection drops, when it returns, the AP have a different IP address but only changes between this two (192.168.1.99 and 192.168.1.104).

After getting into the main router configuration I noticed that sometimes it connects using the mac address 02:09:5b:9f:6c:94 and sometimes 02:0f:b5:9f:6c:94. The connection drops exactly when the IP and mac changes and the connection uptime is reset.

Looks like the AP uses 2 different macs, which make sense, one to connect to the main router and another one to connect to the clients. What I don't understand is why it is using both to connect to the main router. It's like they are fighting themselves to connect to it causing the connection to drop.

I have also tried to put the AP under a static IP but the same issue continues. The only difference is that between drops it changes the mac but keeps the same IP.

The reconnection time to the main router is maybe less then 20 seconds but it's enough for live TV and another streaming services to drop.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 08:11:25 AM by brnogu »

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 11:22:15 AM »

Sorry I am not sure why I thought it was connected via Ethernet...long day.

It is strange that the router is picking up both MAC addresses. Being a single band it should only be seeing one.

What brand/model is your router?

How many clients do you have connected to the DAP-1325?

Not sure if you have reset it and set up from scratch. You may need to contact tech support in your region. Seems like a very quirky issue that they may need to contact engineers at D-Link.

brnogu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 01:15:38 PM »

No problem :D
The main router is a Technicolor TG784n v3, it has been provided by the telecom operator.
I have maybe 2 or 3 clients connected only.

I have just called Dlink support in the US but looks like they are not able to help since this is an European version. Just created a ticket on a support portal.

I will keep you posted :)

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 02:18:52 PM »

Did you contact support in your country or the general www.dlink.com portal?

Let us know. I am curious to what is happening. I understand the wireless signal dropping but to switch MAC addresses is strange.