• April 25, 2024, 07:41:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Connection issues after swithing from XP to windows 7  (Read 2227 times)

maera_chan

• Level 1 Member
Connection issues after swithing from XP to windows 7
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:06:52 AM »

Hello

I recently got a new computer and wanted to install my router to it but I seem to run into a problem.

Previously, I had a Desktop computer running XP and a laptop running Windows 7 wirelessly and it was working really well.

Now, I installed Windows 7 on my new computer and wanted to hook up my router and modem but I can't seem to get internet connection on my new computer.

Everything has stayed plugged the same on the router / ethernet side and I can still go on the internet without problems on my laptop but can't seem to make a wired connection on my new computer.  I keep getting New Router Not Detected when I get to step 3/6 of the quick router setup.

This is a fresh install of Windows 7 and I have the latest drivers for my network card.

My motherboard: is GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0) which comes with a onboard realtek network card if it helps.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 07:11:03 AM by maera_chan »

TheNetMan

• Level 1 Member
Re: Connection issues after swithing from XP to windows 7
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 12:06:33 PM »

Why are you doing a quick router setup? You do not need to setup router to work with Win7. It is plug and play for internet access as router will automatically set IP and DNS info in network card. If it was router, laptop would not still work. You either have a bad cable, bad driver or bad network adapter on Win7 box