• April 16, 2024, 11:00:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Periodic clink sound and camera speaking?  (Read 8731 times)

BillHoo

• Level 1 Member
Periodic clink sound and camera speaking?
« on: July 15, 2016, 05:51:47 AM »

I have a 5010L and am very satisfied with it.

Today, I had opened up the MyDlink site for my camera and had the browser in the background.  The volume was up to low white noise.  then I heard a "clink" sound.  Sorta like a spring, or a shutter, or even a metal blind being lifted and lightly dropped. 

I listened for a few more minutes to see if it happened again and it did.  But what suprised me was a second later, I heard a distinctive and loud, slightly mechanical male voice say "Signal" or "Chigol".  It was quick and abrupt like a radio that had suddenly been cut off.

I waited again and heard the same thing.  Same sound and voice.  I've timed it now and it seems to happen in roughly 2 to 5 minute intervals.

I switched to another 5010L that I have in the house and hear it there too.  Then, I switched over to a 930L that I have and got the same thing.

I think all the cameras received a firmware update yesterday.

I have no pets, and there is no TV or radio on in the house.  the cameras do not show anyone in the vicinity of the home

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Periodic clink sound and camera speaking?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 06:37:48 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
How many other wireless devices do you have connected to the main host router?
  • Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by that maybe causing interferences?
  • Any other WiFi routers in the area that maybe causing interferences? Link> Use a WiFi Scanner to find out. How many?

As a test you might see if you can temporarily disable the microphone on the camera to see if the sounds are still hear.

If all cameras are experiencing the same thing, then I would presume there maybe some sort of interferences or something in your home possibly. Did this just resently start or to new to tell?

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.