• April 27, 2024, 10:08:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Firmware Version: 1.04Beta observations so far  (Read 62316 times)

quest0126

• Level 1 Member
Re: Firmware Version: 1.04Beta observations so far
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2010, 05:21:57 AM »

hmm...just uploaded the 1.04beta firmware...but my 343 seems to have to response...network is no long accessiblezzzzz

Toad

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2010, 08:51:42 AM »

I downloaded and applied the 1.04b firmware yesterday. My system is RAID 5 on 4 Seagate 1.5TB drives. So far, no problem, BUT I thought this was supposed to include settable fan speed according to temperature. I have not found any evidence of this. Did I misunderstand - is this a feature for some new version of the firmware?

So far, everything seems to be fine. My previous data is still available, which is nice to see. Will include more as testing continues.

Toad

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2010, 04:50:34 PM »

One thing I noticed. I no longer have the ability to mount the DNS-343 directories from my Linux box.  ??? It still works on my 1.02b server, but will not work with the 1.04b one. I can still access the directories, but only in read only mode which is set for ALL.

Does anyone have any info about this problem?

redtheman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2010, 08:53:03 PM »

Loaded beta firmware, Unit working without any issues so far.  Not getting the lockups like I used too.  So far so good.  Had no issues after installing new firmware, unit came up all data on drives and accessing without issues.
 :D 

redtheman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2010, 10:07:12 PM »

Well just had the first issue.  System was working great, went to copy over to it and the unit froze.  Had to pull the plug.

The system would not reboot just kept getting system is booting.........

Pulled the 4th hard drive and the system fired up.
Had to delete the partition on the 4th hard drive and then got it up with the 4th drive blank
just redoing the 4th drive - format and then rebuild the data.

I hope it goes well

drick

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2010, 10:33:20 AM »

just upgrade all 3 of my units to 1.04b03, no issues on upgrade process.

all 3 took just fine.
DNS-323v1.8 + ffp 0.5
2x750GB Seagate HDD's / RAID1+EXT3
DNS-343A - retired due to faulty fan
DNS-343B - retired due to faulty fan
DNS-343C v1.05b + ffp 0.5
4x2TB Seagate HDD's / RAID5+EXT3
Netgear RNDP6000
6x2TB WD HDD's / RAID6
Netgear WNDR4500

redtheman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2010, 08:55:06 PM »

Data rebuilt - everything working again

Really can't say what happened other then my unit has the 1.04 beta bios in it.  Just coping over to the unit from windows 7 and lost all connection to it.  The Fans were not on full rev like 1.03 but the same type of lock up.

The wierd thing is having to erase the 4th hard drive like I have read in other posts.

Other then that one time the unit seems to be running just fine.

Will report if anything else happens.
Did notice that the e-mail reporting from the unit worked and reported everything which is really nice.

weathejx

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2010, 07:37:37 AM »

Yeah theres another update coming. Wont be posted today but probably early next week pending no major issues on my units after loading it.

This was posted over a month ago, what is the time line looking like these days?

dice1111

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2010, 10:01:32 PM »

Just keeping this alive. Any word on an official release date for 1.04? Things have finally been running well for me for quite a while with the 1.04b03.

I would feel more comfortable with an official release. Do we even have a time frame yet?

Thank you.

Dice

meqwerty

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2010, 07:27:44 AM »

i cannot believe they're not fixing the 'formatting the wrong drive' problem... isnt that a fundamental problem to begin with?!

dallen

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2010, 11:57:02 AM »

What I find difficult to swallow is that I started this thread:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=7955.0

Almost a year ago and D-Link still has not released an official firmware update that addresses the underlying issue.  What is going on there?

TimeZlicer

• Level 2 Member
    • TimeZlicer
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2010, 01:53:02 AM »

ya and they can't find a better reason and simply locked the thread and thinks they people will just forget your issue

What I find difficult to swallow is that I started this thread:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=7955.0

Almost a year ago and D-Link still has not released an official firmware update that addresses the underlying issue.  What is going on there?

grimes_mg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2010, 03:05:32 PM »

Was this because your RAID5 was EXT3 file format and you didn't reformat the drives after the upgrade?

If you read the BIOS update thread it states that you should backup your data, update the FW, format, and then restore the RAID5 and data.

It seems that with the "wipe the fourth drive" and letting the unit rebuild the RAID, it is basically doing what was suggested in the thread.

[quote auth, or=redtheman link=topic=12841.msg81995#msg81995 date=1278734106]
Data rebuilt - everything working again

Really can't say what happened other then my unit has the 1.04 beta BIOS in it.  Just coping over to the unit from windows 7 and lost all connection to it.  The Fans were not on full rev like 1.03 but the same type of lock up.

The wierd thing is having to erase the 4th hard drive like I have read in other posts.

Other then that one time the unit seems to be running just fine.

Will report if anything else happens.
Did notice that the e-mail reporting from the unit worked and reported everything which is really nice.
[/quote]

redtheman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2010, 06:41:39 PM »

No my Drives are setup in RAID 5 NTFS, I know what the instuctions said but I didn't have another 2 TB kicking around for backup.

I have not had a single issue with my Dlink since that one time, I was coping over a fairly large 4GIG file when it happened.

Was this because your RAID5 was EXT3 file format and you didn't reformat the drives after the upgrade?

If you read the BIOS update thread it states that you should backup your data, update the FW, format, and then restore the RAID5 and data.

It seems that with the "wipe the fourth drive" and letting the unit rebuild the RAID, it is basically doing what was suggested in the thread.

mikeiem

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2010, 11:31:18 AM »

1.04 has been in Beta since April? I really dont think they are shipping it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5