• April 24, 2024, 08:31:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS 942 L does not work with android MYDlink application on 3G network  (Read 5528 times)

flavio54

• Level 1 Member

Hello. I tried several times to see the DCS 942L camera picture on my Samsung Advance S smartphone on UMTS 3G net but also setting the video parameters profiles at minimum (64 Kbit/s) it does not work. The MyDlink lite version is the 2.6.1. release. Locally ,using Wi-Fi it works well of course. Any suggestions? 

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

Hello. I tried several times to see the DCS 942L camera picture on my Samsung Advance S smartphone on UMTS 3G net but also setting the video parameters profiles at minimum (64 Kbit/s) it does not work. The MyDlink lite version is the 2.6.1. release. Locally ,using Wi-Fi it works well of course. Any suggestions? 

Does mydlink.com work on a PC?  (The would kind of rule out firewall settings...)

What exactly is happening? Timeouts forcing your to cancel/reconnect?

The camera shows up as green in the selection list as available?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

Do any of the other viewers work externally on 3g?

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=42722.0

flavio54

• Level 1 Member

Thanks.
The camera is available (green).
If I try to connect, after 30 seconds a message appears on the smartphone display :INTERNAL ERROR, RETRY.
If I retry the same message appears . This happens continously. Sometime another message appears: "Time out , please reconnect".
If I use local router wi-fi instead of 3G connections , it works on the smartphone.
If I use a PC with an external 3G modem, I can see the picture on the PC dispaly.The 3G NETWORK IS THE SAME. The router I use is not an ADSL but a 3G.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

Thanks.
The camera is available (green).
If I try to connect, after 30 seconds a message appears on the smartphone display :INTERNAL ERROR, RETRY.
If I retry the same message appears . This happens continously. Sometime another message appears: "Time out , please reconnect".
If I use local router wi-fi instead of 3G connections , it works on the smartphone.
If I use a PC with an external 3G modem, I can see the picture on the PC dispaly.The 3G NETWORK IS THE SAME. The router I use is not an ADSL but a 3G.

Hi - this might be related:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=52618.0