• March 28, 2024, 05:02:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Gaps in Continuous Recording  (Read 7238 times)

MichaelCB

• Level 1 Member
Gaps in Continuous Recording
« on: March 11, 2012, 09:30:50 AM »

I have my 942L set up for continuous recording. When I look at the files, the camera will record between 20 and 55 seconds, end that file and start another. The next file then starts between a few seconds and as much as 40 seconds later leaving a gap in the video recoding. The file sizes are all different and the amount of record time is different for each file.

Also, about 80% of the time, the time increments a few seconds on a playback and then stops updating even though the video is longer.

Anyone have these issues or know a resolution for them?

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
Re: Gaps in Continuous Recording
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 05:01:52 AM »

Where are you recording it to? SD, dviewcam, email, ftp? what are your current settings?

MichaelCB

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 05:26:18 AM »

I am recording on the SD memory in the camera. I have it set to Always, or continuous record. I also have the motion detector sending emails to me.

I called DLink support yesterday and they basically admitted that you won't get continuous record of all data. So I am now also recording to my hard drive with Dlink view cam software.

2 things that bother me with that software. The computer must be running all the time. I was hoping the local record would get all data. The second thing is the proprietary format of the .dat files. I find that annoying.

RAYW

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 08:31:26 AM »

I am having the same issue with SD always recording.  It records for about 10-20 seconds, sometimes 1-5 seconds, then freezes.  I have disabled every other setting in the camera ( I have two of them ) thinking maybe I could be working it too hard but still having this issue.  I have reset and reflashed both camera's twice trying to fix this issue and another issue I am having with motion detection which I completely gave up on. 

Using 16 gb Sandisk micro-sdhc cards.

MichaelCB

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 08:07:51 AM »

So after speaking with D-Link, they acknowledged that the SD recording at the camera would have gaps in recording. They suggested that I install D-Viewcam. I did that and mostly it captures all of the data. But, it skips an entire minute or recording every 8-10 minutes. I would like all video so this is not making me happy.

Edit to this: I was looking at the preview in D-Viewcam. Not all video is there. When I go directly to the full video then all of it is there. I am happy now!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 08:40:27 AM by MichaelCB »