• March 28, 2024, 09:38:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: DCS-825L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 103104 times)

Cendols

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-825L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2014, 03:29:38 AM »

Does anyone know what username and password do you enter for http://ip_address/eng/mainFrame_debug.cgi I know my password but seem not to know my username.
Cheers

Username: admin
Password: the one you setup with

tomhanman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2014, 03:48:06 AM »

Hi, so I'd just like to give a big thumbs up for two of the already requested improvements:

Option to "Exit" the app, and orientation unlock.

There are a lot of really fancy requests on the list now, and I'm sure they would please a few power users in specific situations. But really the basic things should work before getting too carried away with 'tweaks'. The fact that a standard smartphone user has no way to turn the app off is fairly incredible. So my wife starts it up to check on cherub, then a few hours later her phone goes dead because the app runs in the background forever after. There should simply be an option to quit totally, to quit whilst maintaining background audio connection and alerts, or to stay full screen. At the moment if feels a little like a diesel engine that can be started with the starter motor, but has to be stalled by letting the clutch out in reverse gear to get it to stop... and they don't make em like that any more!

Oh, and whilst I'm here, I had the same problem as akma1 trying to work out what 'username' to give. Maybe this should be added to the 'how to update firmware' thread as there is not even a mention of the dialogue box in the instructions.

In the meantime thanks for providing this forum so that we may be heard.
Tom.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 03:50:51 AM by tomhanman »

DavidAu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2015, 06:08:01 AM »

Updating with a few tips. Now updated to FW 1.4.

Yes, I'd definitely like to be able to exit the mobile app cleanly to save battery power. Can't believe that issue is still open!

As we know, the advanced config pages can be accessed through:
http://ip-address/eng/liveView_debug.cgi
Login: admin, Password: what you set during initial setup.
This allows you to control and configure most aspects of the camera.
It can't adjust the orientation to portrait, but you can flip and mirror the image.

Going a step further, for those familiar with Unix/Linux/Busybox:
http://ip-address/cgi/admin/telnetd.cgi?command=on - This enables Telnet daemon functions for the camera.
Then using a tool such as PuTTY, you can access a Telnet terminal command-line to do some back-end adjustments. Login: root, Password: what you set during initial setup.

The primary memory (128mb) for the camera appears to be mounted read-only by default, which is a common approach for embedded devices.
But for an example of the additional power of this method:
You can use 'tftp' (trivial ftp) to transfer files from the camera to a TFTP server on the network e.g.: tftp 192.168.1.10:69 -p -l 01.mp3
   I can now confirm the format of the standard music (mp3) files in /var/shared/music. Supported format appears to be: 44100Hz 32-bit (float) Mono, MP3 48kbps CBR. Largest track (02.mp3) is 71 seconds long, around 422 kilobytes. While I'm not sure of the upper limits, I suspect unfortunately this rules out loading my 60 minute brown-noise loop!
   Similarly, you can access and transfer snapshot video and images from your SD card from /mnt/usb/dcs-825l/yyyymmdd to another computer.

You can examine and effect some low-level settings which may not have a GUI configuration screen.
   Standard boot scripts are linked in /etc/rc.d/rcS.d/. Upon examination of scripts here, it appears you can disable the init boot music through configuration e.g.:
     tdb set BootupMusic enable_byte=0
     tdb flush

(Caveat: yet to see if this settings change survives a reboot).

Web pages / cgi can also be found in a typical location in /var/www/

Early days, but I'll post back if I find anything useful.
DCS-825L Baby-cam Owner

chilango

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2015, 12:20:47 AM »

Thanks for the last post.
With this link a can in the new FW (1.05.02) open the webpage but it seems that Dlink destroyed most off the configuration page.
Also i have issues with update NTP and video streaming. So i was going back to 1.04 FW.
Dont update the FW to the 1.05.02. If you made it you can go direct to the firmware-update Page and than make a downgrade.

The FW 1.05.02 you can download on dlinkla.com and on ftp.dlink.de page

Shame on you dlink

Steven_belfast

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2015, 01:24:27 AM »

With this link a can in the new FW (1.05.02) open the webpage but it seems that Dlink destroyed most off the configuration page.
Also i have issues with update NTP and video streaming. So i was going back to 1.04 FW.
Dont update the FW to the 1.05.02. If you made it you can go direct to the firmware-update Page and than make a downgrade.

Shame on you dlink

I have also noticed this, but I have downgraded but still no change,
At this point I have went back to 1.00 but still only getting access to some of the GUI pages.
This only happen from I put 1.05 on.

rose05

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2015, 11:19:34 AM »

At this point I have went back to 1.00 but still only getting access to some of the GUI pages.

hi

I have donealso the upgrade to the last fw 1.05 with limited access aswriten in their release note
3. Remove .... for security concerns.

with downgrading to my favorite fw 1.03 I can access all!

maybe you need to rest your camera and then update to your favorite fw.

I hope you get it done

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2015, 07:31:33 AM »

Any status on this?  ???

Shame on you dlink

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Robert.post@charter.net

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2015, 09:06:57 AM »

I would really find the addition oftemperature alert most helpful. The camera is obviously monitoring temperature. The camera is sending email for motion and sound. Why not temperature?????

francorg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2015, 12:06:47 AM »

Just updated to v1.06.06. The iPhone app prompted to do so.
Anyone knows what's new?

Thank you,
Roberto

rose05

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2015, 09:45:11 PM »

Just updated to v1.06.06. The iPhone app prompted to do so.
Anyone knows what's new?

Thank you,
Roberto

New Features V1.06.06
1.Update mydlink agent to v2.0.19-b33
2.Add Bonjour_dcamera service and remove Bonjour _http service
3.Sup port UTF-8 Unicode format for SD card music playbac k
4.Redefine the recording file naming rule for multi-eventrecording feature and modify the related NIPCA sdcard_list and recorder CGI

Problem s Fixed
V1.06.06
1. Update the time zone table list for Russian and Chile
2. Fix the music playback failure issue when music file naming includes the specific character

diego_b

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2016, 11:18:42 PM »

I think it would be great if firmware could be upgraded by copying a new firmware image on the SD and pressing a combination of buttons. I think it could avoid a lot of problems and RMAs... but if it hasn't been done yet maybe is because it is not possible (:-()

eborn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2016, 11:29:13 AM »

The default ports that this devices adds to the uPNP should be configurable. My modem currently routes ports 80 and 443 to the device, but these ports are in use by my server! I don't know if it was possible to change these ports when the configuration pages were still working. But this is a big problem for me. I cannot disable uPNP, because other services that DO BEHAVE use this method.

mcwieger

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2016, 12:24:45 PM »

Just downgrade the firmware to an earlier version (e.g. 1.04) change the port number and upgrade to the latest again.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]