• March 29, 2024, 06:50:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Beta Firmware 1.12NA Build05 Feedback and Comments!  (Read 60275 times)

richv

• Level 1 Member
Re: Beta Firmware 1.12NA Build05 Feedback and Comments!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 04:07:21 AM »

I installed version 1.12b5 the day it was released and it seemed to be working fine.  Today the router disappeared from the network.  This is the same "bug" I was seeing before after I installed v1.11.

The router sites remotely in my home and having to reset it every two-three days is difficult.  I hope this gets resolved soon.

cerjzc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 09:49:00 AM »

Upgraded to 1.12 a couple days ago and 2 days in a row it has disappeared/hung up and I have to pull the power cable and reinsert it.  I have now disabled DNS Relay again which is what had worked on 1.11 for several months.

I hope at least with DNS relay off again it will continue to work as it did in 1.11.

Thanks,
Jeff

rhn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 03:21:41 PM »

The 5ghz seems to be the one that disappears on me.  It has very similar settings to my 2.4 ghz network.  I stopped using it because it was flaky.  I wonder if some of you are having problems because of that?  The 2.4 network seems to work rather well.  I'm annoyed though that I can't rely on the 5 ghz at the moment.  But then again, this is so far a world better than 1.11 was.

hogdoc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 03:26:01 PM »

Day 2 with 1.12b and so far stable and no locks ups. I have not activated port forwarding yet as when I do I lose my wireless status info. Also noticed the wireless connection is not restarting randomly as stated in the log with 1.11. Speeds are stable with better uploads for 450kbps to 2000kbps. I also did a fresh install and NOT a restore config file as mentioned earlier. Hope that helps others.

KaarSar

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 04:59:23 PM »

Is it better than the original 1.01?
What I mean is, is it worth updating? Or should I wait until this beta turns official?

mikeny

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 05:02:39 PM »

Well it's too bad they didn't fix the 'wireless client info' bug.  I will pass and stick to 1.01 on my replaced router.  You guys are very brave.  If I was on 1.11, I would try it.  It's working great with 1.01 so I'm going to stay on the sidelines.  Thanks for testing.

fatalad

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 06:20:48 PM »

ru fi oh, you should probably put this firmware up and take down 1.11.  I think this firmware is ready for prime time. Theirs probably a lot of people that are having issues that don't even go to the forum for help and they might just return the router and get a different brand

hogdoc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 06:28:17 PM »

For gods sake, STICK with 1.01!! Don't upgrade unless you have issues and the beta is final and working fine for a few months. I was not having any issues with 1.01 and just upgraded to fix any potential bugs, what a mistake. Why in the hell would d-link make the firmware non-downgradable?? It was either go for 1.12 or else my router was facing an untimely accidental death for a warranty replacement as tech support on the phone was hopeless and worthless. At least we have a moderator who is addressing the issues and I think we all appreciate his/her work. I just wish there were more of them around to work on this issue.  

hogdoc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 07:50:44 PM »

WELL IT CRASHED!! >:( >:( Not only a few hours on my last post the router crashed again after 2 days. This time it did it while I was on. I noticed the web pages were getting slow to load. I tried to login to the router and no dice. Could still login into other intranet devices like Vonage Box. Then the router crashed with no internet pages loading but strangely enough my streaming Pandora was still playing! Rebooted and back to normal. Ru fi oh, this is not ready for prime time and this is unacceptable performance as I need a reliable router. Looks like this router is going to have to die for a replacement! Good luck to all that are in my shoes!!

richv

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 05:57:58 AM »

I experienced the exact same thing as hogdoc.

It appears as if the router is doing a slow meltdown.  Not everything stops working once you can no longer address the router directly but eventually it completely collapses.

I have the dlink network monitor widget up all the time and it loses the router before the, it seems, the degregation begins.  It seems that applications already communicating with sites continue to work and the internet connection slows down.

I saw that applications such as pandora, netflix, news widgets, weather bugs and such continued to work as long as I didn't stop and restart the programs/device after web pages stopped loading.

When the router is working, it's great.  However, this slow meltdown is unacceptable and must be fixed.

claykin

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 08:45:56 AM »

For gods sake, STICK with 1.01!! Don't upgrade unless you have issues and the beta is final and working fine for a few months. I was not having any issues with 1.01 and just upgraded to fix any potential bugs, what a mistake. Why in the hell would d-link make the firmware non-downgradable?? It was either go for 1.12 or else my router was facing an untimely accidental death for a warranty replacement as tech support on the phone was hopeless and worthless. At least we have a moderator who is addressing the issues and I think we all appreciate his/her work. I just wish there were more of them around to work on this issue.  

My guess as to why firmware is not downgradable is due to Dlink probably changing the CPU (Ubicom) microcode along with the new firmware installation.  The old firmware likely won't work with the modified microcode.

I think that Dlink's engineers are beginning to realize the shortcomings of the Ubicom CPU solution.  While a great CPU from a performance perspective, I think they are experiencing issues programming to it.  This may be part of the reason why Dlink chose to abandon it and go with the Atheros CPU for the B1 revision.

Can't say for sure, but since Dlink isn't forthcoming about the limitations, I just thought I'd share my experience.  I formerly worked for a company that did software/hardware design using MIPS CPU's.

claykin

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2009, 08:50:29 AM »

I experienced the exact same thing as hogdoc.

It appears as if the router is doing a slow meltdown.  Not everything stops working once you can no longer address the router directly but eventually it completely collapses.

When the router is working, it's great.  However, this slow meltdown is unacceptable and must be fixed.

Could be a memory leak where the kernel is losing needed RAM space and being forced to shutdown services to the point where the router becomes unusable.  Dlink should be able to resolve this.

Maybe Ubicom's new Linux toolset will give Dlink the freedom their engineers need to manipulate this CPU properly.

DanGarion

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2009, 11:19:41 AM »

I have an RMA ready to send in if this one doesn't fix it...

user11

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2009, 08:52:22 PM »

Four days of no issues, then the dreaded 1.11 firmware lockup symptom in 1.12b5, solution was to disable dns relay again. Maybe it's time to RMA.
DIR-825 A1 F/W 1.13NA
TRENDnet TEW-652BRP V1.1R F/W DD-WRT v24 build 14896
Netgear FWG114Pv1 F/W 2.0r18

wfdavis

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2009, 04:55:20 AM »

Same here, 4 days and got up this morning and the router was locked out. Had to pull the plug and reboot. DNS relay was enabled. Guess I'll have to disable it again. Anyone know where I can order a B1 version? I'm reading that the B1 is working great with the 202 firmware.

W
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5