• March 28, 2024, 10:04:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DNS-323 Fan Powerdown problems  (Read 29299 times)

eilz

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-323 Fan Powerdown problems
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 06:46:14 AM »

Here are my 2 cents regarding this issue.
I came across this issue the same day I started my DNS-323 for the first tine (firmware 1.08). Or to be more precise the same day I RESTARTED my DNS-323, because everything was working fine after initial setup - fan stopped and started no problem.
It looks like after restart firmware 1.08 puts fan into low/high mode no matter what's configured. So my workaround is very simple. Whenever I restart my DNS I go to web interface, power settings, make sure that fan setting is still on OFF/LOW/HIGH and JUST PRESS Save Settings BUTTON. That's it! I do not touch anything else.
Right after that fan momentarily starts spinning on High and then stops. Works for me 100%.

q1)Do you have C1 revision?
q2)Anyone know if you still have to do this on the 1.10b5 firmware?
q3)Is there a way to control temps within command line on C1 revisions?

appreciate any help with this, as I dont want to fry my disks (again most above is ONLY C1 related)

OlegMZ

• Level 2 Member
Re: DNS-323 Fan Powerdown problems
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2011, 07:20:56 PM »

q1)Do you have C1 revision?

Yes, I do.

appreciate any help with this, as I dont want to fry my disks (again most above is ONLY C1 related)

Why they should be fried if fan is turning on and off. If it does not stop it means just more dust inside and more noise around, but not overheating.
Pages: 1 2 [3]