• April 16, 2024, 05:11:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: how to mount in a window?  (Read 7769 times)

the_vinman

• Level 1 Member
how to mount in a window?
« on: December 14, 2011, 10:55:49 AM »

anyone know of a replacement bracket or some other way to easily mount the 942l in a window? i have a long window next to my front door i want to just stick this someone about shoulder high in that window looking right to the door so will see anyone who comes. any ideas ?

thx

the_vinman

• Level 1 Member
Re: how to mount in a window?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 06:56:25 AM »

so no one has any idea on this ?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 08:23:57 AM »

One simple solution is to mount an L-bracket on the wall adjacent to the window and attach the base of the camera to the L-bracket. That should put the camera's field of view facing squarely out the window.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

the_vinman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 08:28:20 AM »

ya ive thought of that one as well, one other issue, at night the IR just reflects off the window making it unviewable, any way to fix that ?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 08:49:08 AM »

The IR illuminator reflecting off the window is an issue many users experience. You can try using a non-reflective coating on the window (i.e. a matte finished glass sticker), although I haven't tried this myself. Other users purchased external IR illuminators and placed them at another vantage point or even outside.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

MichaelCB

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 10:05:50 AM »

ya ive thought of that one as well, one other issue, at night the IR just reflects off the window making it unviewable, any way to fix that ?

I discovered this problem last night. The IR lights get a glare from the window and the video is no good. I intend to experiment over the next few nights by turning off and see what kind of picture I get, and also might try anti-glare tape. Once you turn off IR then you have to select day or night mode. I suspect that night mode will have to be used and that will mean my day videos will have no color. But, night is more critical.