• April 19, 2024, 04:51:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Logitech Media Server 7.8.0  (Read 5129 times)

fivebyfive

• Level 1 Member
Logitech Media Server 7.8.0
« on: September 27, 2014, 04:00:20 AM »

Hi!

Can anyone from D-Link update the SqueezeCenter AddOn so that it will support the latest Logitech Media Server 7.8.0?
I've tried to change the AddOn myself but I got stuck on loading the slimserver.pl ..I got DNS-325.

Anyone got it working?

fivebyfive

• Level 1 Member
Re: Logitech Media Server 7.8.0
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 02:23:56 AM »

Got it working. Here is a quick guide to what I did:

-First I donwgraded to 1.03, 1.05 (and .04) does'nt work well with Fonz fun_plug 0.7 for me.
-Installed the 2.03 squeeze_center package from D-link
-Made sure the service was stopped, and then using ssh/terminal removed the folder /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/logitechmediaserver-7.7.2
-Made a backup of the folder../Nas_Prog/squeeze_center
Edited all the files in the Nas_Prog/squeeze_center folder, changing logitechmediaserver-7.7.2 into 7.8.0 (i didnt edit the apkg-files, check_sc-files, sc_*-files or any of the folders)
-Changed the install path in init.sh: path=/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/squeeze_center
-Changed the install path in install.sh: path_des=/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog
-In install.sh, remove the line: cp -R $path_src $path_des
-In install.sh, remove the line: mv $path/$NAME-* $path/$NAME
-From logitechmediaserver-7.8.0.tgz, extract the files slimserver.pl and basic.html. (there is several files named basic.html, make sure you get the correct one from the ...\HTML\EN\settings\server-folder!!)
-replace the old files in the ../Nas_Prog/squeeze_center-folder with the new ones you just extracted.
-Make sure that the permisisons and owner of all the files and folders you changed are the same as before
-Make sure that you have the file logitechmediaserver-7.8.0.tgz in /mnt/HD/HD_a2/ (root of volume_1)
-Run install.sh and init.sh
-Start the server!

puffcandy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 12:45:52 PM »

This is way beyond my knowledge. C'mon Dlink help us out with a new version of squeezecentre.

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 05:14:01 AM »

Logitech Media Server (v7.8.0, r1395409907, Thu Mar 27 13:33:33 PDT 2014)
Please download the Squeeze Center package from the Logitech web site place the package under Volume_1 folder.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 05:33:33 AM by vtverdohleb »
Add-on Application questions and issues, please include the following minimal information in your post:
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version
* Detailed Description of your Issue
Donate: http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/donate.php