• April 23, 2024, 04:44:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vista X64  (Read 11818 times)

czentner

• Level 1 Member
Re: Vista X64
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 07:00:51 PM »

I have AVG as my anti-virus and not Norton, so I don't have and Norton .dll's installed on my machine.  I am going to try re-installing the driver again to see if that fixes anything.

vaz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 11:42:15 AM »

I haven't had any problems like this, I have avg.

Sloth

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 09:23:44 AM »

I get the BSOD on my 64-bit Home Premium machine.  I switched out the AV from Norton to McAfee with the same results.  I also have installation and hardware issues when the driver is activated. 

I have traced the problem down to the NAS driver by initiating the driver with the network drive connection and then disconnecting the NAS drive (not loading the driver) and seeing the issues resolve.

Anybody know of software updates to fix the issue or know how to unload the driver??

Sloth

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 09:40:52 AM »

Spoke to tech support that stated that a firmware update to 1.06 and reformat of hard drives will correct the problem.  Will try tonight.

Sloth

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 06:08:41 AM »

It appears that tech support is unaware of the BSOD problem.  After a couple hours with tech suppport trouble shooting the product, they issued an RMA for replacement for which I will have to pay shipping for.

I still believe that the issue is resulting from the D-Link driver compadibility with Vista.  I will find out when I have to go through everything agian.  I would like to just trash the unit.  No more D-Link for me.

ttmcmurry

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 05:12:45 PM »

Remember:  You don't need the PNP-X driver at all for the 323 to work properly.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 05:52:14 PM by ttmcmurry »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 03:00:13 PM »

It is hard to say I am unable to replicate this issue on all of my PC's but I do not run any anti-virus software the only variable I am seeing is Norton AV software but it will need to be looked int o further its Windows so many things can cause a BSOD. However I will forward this issue to be investigated.

For Jet Black the Drivers simply add an Icon for the unit that looks like the unit and allow support for PnP-X for network mapping just so you can see the device in in the Network map in the Network and sharing Center and easy access from there.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream
Pages: 1 [2]