• April 24, 2024, 10:45:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't install driver for WUA-2340  (Read 4739 times)

sr88

• Level 1 Member
Can't install driver for WUA-2340
« on: January 24, 2010, 10:16:51 PM »

I have a WUA-2340 and CD, follow the instruction to install the software, but not working.

I have a Windows XP system, when I plug the WUA-2340 adapter in a UBS slot, the computer recognize the new device, but could find the driver for it... I checked the device manager, the WUA-2340 appeared as "other device" with a yellow question mark, not under Network adapters (that is an error?), Why the computer does not recognize the device? Why the computer cant find and install the correct driver for it? (I have the original CD).

Anybody can help? Thanks!

cloon

• Level 2 Member
Re: Can't install driver for WUA-2340
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 04:57:36 PM »

Hi,
   delete the device from the device manager and then install the driver using the original cd ( there should be a setup.exe file there ) if there is no such file try the add hardware and try a manual detection where you can specify the folder from where to fetch the driver files...  ( I'm telling you this off the top of my head as I did not have this kind of issue with my adapter )

Hope this will help...