• April 23, 2024, 03:53:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: No sound on playback with DCS-2121 camera  (Read 2995 times)

svenmonet

• Level 1 Member
No sound on playback with DCS-2121 camera
« on: March 29, 2011, 01:15:54 AM »

I didn't get a reply with this question lost in another thread so I thought I'd try again.  As far as I can tell the 2121 has an extremely weak microphone.  I can barely here it 'live'.  Let me know if anyone has had a more positive experience.

The biggest problem is that when I record it the the Main Console program I hear nothing on playback.  Does anyone have a DCS-2121 camera that records sound properly so it can be heard on playback using the standard D-Link software program?

Thanks!

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
Re: No sound on playback with DCS-2121 camera
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:49:21 AM »

I think you need to get it replaced by a good working version. the 2121 are good workers, not stellar mind you, but adequate.

So have not had such problems with 2121's I work with.

svenmonet

• Level 1 Member
Re: No sound on playback with DCS-2121 camera
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 11:00:31 AM »

I'll bring it in for service but out of curiosity is your microphone volume loud?  Mine sounds distant and has echoes.  Could just be this particular camera that needs replacement or service.

Also, do you hear sound on playback with their normal software program for monitoring cameras?

Thanks.