• March 28, 2024, 01:34:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: mydlink.com - Wishlist  (Read 148294 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: mydlink.com - Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2012, 05:26:45 AM »

Wish list ideas
- make use of Retina iPad display
- ability to change resolution of the camera settings from the iPad app too suit connection eg if I am overseas and have access too a slow wireless connection then a high quality feed won't help
- ability to temporarily disable notifications or emails remotely (such as when you forget too disable it and don have access to full settings interface but are being bombarded with emails)

If the above were to only be in the + app along with other wish list ideas above,  please ensure it is both iPhone and iPad compatible (current + app is only available on iPad).

Added...  ;)

- status LED control (sometimes you want to draw attention to the fact you are watching!)

LEDs can be disabled from the camera web interface
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 05:32:00 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2012, 05:31:04 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

mydlink Wishlist

• Ability to manually change to camera sort order on the mydlink page
  • Add option for full-screen video
  • Add option to quickly/easily disable audio on the mydlink page without editing the camera settings
  • Add on/off option to enable/disable one or more cameras
  • Date and time data in the mydlink view (to indicate system is working)
  • Include camera name in the mydlink info display
  • Mobile Web Browser - Add ability to adjust camera settings, including IR, on/off, auto, brightness, etc.
  • mydlink Website/Mobile Apps - Add "Enable Motion Detection Now" button to capture motion events on the fly without navigating through the web interface[/url]
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Ability to change camera resolution from the iPad (to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Ability to temporarily disable notifications/emails remotely (with acccessing camera web interface)
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Add ability to adjust IR (On/Off/Auto) similar to the web interface
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Add alert bade for motion detection on a user defined schedule
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen)
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Support Retina iPad display
  • mydlink Lite - Ability to cycle through all cameras registered on mydlink at a user defined interval
  • Option to stream audio/video feeds locally when monitoring from a device on the same local network as the camera
  • Remove error message "Max. Number of Views Reached. Please Try Again Later. (027F062500)"
  • Support for guest accounts providing access to one or more cameras (with the option to suspend viewing privileges)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank you!)

• mydlink Lite - Include audio playback capability [FIXED!]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 05:04:07 AM »

I know I may be dreaming here to ask for this given its in the more expensive 942L model but would it be possible too get some kind of OSD as well with a time and date stamp on the live feed when viewed on the iOS app? This is a sure way of knowing whether or not there are new images loaded, adds detail to the screenshots, etc. doesn't have to be super fancy but happy with date and time, or if feeling really generous, camera name and or custom message as well.

I'll add this to the mydlink wishlist (where the mobile device apps are addressed...)
myDlink.com Wishlist

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 05:05:11 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

mydlink Wishlist

• Ability to manually change to camera sort order on the mydlink page
  • Add option for full-screen video
  • Add option to quickly/easily disable audio on the mydlink page without editing the camera settings
  • Add on/off option to enable/disable one or more cameras
  • Date and time data (time stamp) in the mydlink view (to indicate system is working)
  • Include camera name in the mydlink info display
  • Mobile Web Browser - Add ability to adjust camera settings, including IR, on/off, auto, brightness, etc.
  • mydlink Website/Mobile Apps - Add "Enable Motion Detection Now" button to capture motion events on the fly without navigating through the web interface[/url]
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Ability to change camera resolution from the iPad (to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Ability to temporarily disable notifications/emails remotely (with acccessing camera web interface)
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Add ability to adjust IR (On/Off/Auto) similar to the web interface
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Add alert bade for motion detection on a user defined schedule
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen)
  • mydlink Lite - Ability to cycle through all cameras registered on mydlink at a user defined interval
  • Option to stream audio/video feeds locally when monitoring from a device on the same local network as the camera
  • Remove error message "Max. Number of Views Reached. Please Try Again Later. (027F062500)"
  • Support for guest accounts providing access to one or more cameras (with the option to suspend viewing privileges)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2012, 11:46:20 AM »

mydlink Wishlist

• myDlink Website - Ability to manually change to camera sort order on the mydlink page
  • myDlink Website - Add option for full-screen video
  • myDlink Website - Add option to quickly/easily disable audio on the mydlink page without editing the camera settings
  • myDlink Website - Add on/off option to enable/disable one or more cameras
  • myDlink Website - Date and time data (time stamp) in the mydlink view (to indicate system is working)
  • myDlink Website - Include camera name in the mydlink info display
  • myDlink Website - Option to stream audio/video feeds locally when monitoring from a device on the same local network as the camera
  • myDlink Website - Remove error message "Max. Number of Views Reached. Please Try Again Later. (027F062500)"
  • myDlink Website - Support for guest accounts providing access to one or more cameras (with the option to suspend viewing privileges)
  • Mobile Apps - Add ability to adjust camera settings, including IR, on/off, auto, brightness, etc.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2012, 04:53:54 AM »

Please post any updates to the mydlink website or mobile applications that address any of the wishlist items on this thread.

Thanks!  ;)

jbellanca

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 10:48:54 PM »

(1) Not sure if this is included under "mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Ability to change camera resolution from the iPad (to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity", but the iPhone and iPad apps really need to support camera resolutions better than 320x176.  There's no excuse for that.  Should support up to 720p, including 480p.  

(2) Also, 720p in the web browser shouldn't lag 10-12 seconds like it does.

(3) Firefox and Safari should be fully supported.  Currently, not all functionality is available (like, you can't set motion detection zones).

(4) iPhone app shouldn't crash when you pick the camera until iOS 6 on the iPhone 5.  And it should fit the iPhone 5 screen size.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 08:24:36 AM by jbellanca »

bruana

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2013, 04:27:33 AM »

I`d like to see all the cameras device on only one screen (live view), instead a camera each time

Best regards

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2013, 05:38:45 AM »

I`d like to see all the cameras device on only one screen (live view), instead a camera each time

Best regards

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2013, 05:40:42 AM »

mydlink Wishlist

• myDlink Website - Ability to manually change to camera sort order on the mydlink page
  • myDLink Website - Option to concurrently view live views from multiple registered cameras
  • myDlink Website - Add option to quickly/easily disable audio on the mydlink page without editing the camera settings
  • myDlink Website - Date and time data (time stamp) in the mydlink view (to indicate system is working)
  • myDlink Website - Option to stream audio/video feeds locally when monitoring from a device on the same local network as the camera
  • myDlink Website - Remove error message "Max. Number of Views Reached. Please Try Again Later. (027F062500)"
  • myDlink Website - Support for guest accounts providing access to one or more cameras (with the option to suspend viewing privileges)
  • Mobile Apps - Add ability to adjust camera settings, including IR, on/off, auto, brightness, etc.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2013, 08:12:28 AM »

(1) Not sure if this is included under "mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Ability to change camera resolution from the iPad (to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity", but the iPhone and iPad apps really need to support camera resolutions better than 320x176.  There's no excuse for that.  Should support up to 720p, including 480p.  

(2) Also, 720p in the web browser shouldn't lag 10-12 seconds like it does.

(3) Firefox and Safari should be fully supported.  Currently, not all functionality is available (like, you can't set motion detection zones).

(4) . . .And it should fit the iPhone 5 screen size.

Added...

(4) iPhone app shouldn't crash when you pick the camera until iOS 6 on the iPhone 5

Can you please elaborate?  . . . Also unclear what OS versions these crashes occur on.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2013, 08:14:04 AM »

mydlink Wishlist

• myDlink Website - Option to concurrently view live views from multiple registered cameras
  • myDlink Website - Improved Firefox and Safari support (e.g. inability to configure motion detection)
  • myDlink Website - Support for 480p and 720p resolution
  • myDlink+ - Ability to change live view resolution between different mobile devices to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity
  • myDlink Lite (iPhone) - App does not properly fit iPhone 5 screen size

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2013, 06:20:01 AM »

Moving the following entry to the mydlink+ App - Feature Wishlist:

• myDlink+ - Ability to change live view resolution between different mobile devices to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:24:13 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2013, 06:23:55 AM »

Moving the following entries to the mydlink Lite Mobile App - Feature Wishlist:

• myDlink Lite (iPhone) - App does not properly fit iPhone 5 screen size

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2013, 06:26:34 AM »

mydlink Wishlist

• myDlink Website - Option to concurrently view live views from multiple registered cameras
  • myDlink Website - Improved Firefox and Safari support (e.g. inability to configure motion detection)
  • myDlink Website - Support for 480p and 720p resolution

• TBD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7