• April 16, 2024, 05:32:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-2330L SD Overwrite Capablilty would be nice  (Read 12444 times)

wdunn

• Level 1 Member
DCS-2330L SD Overwrite Capablilty would be nice
« on: August 20, 2014, 01:16:25 PM »

Seems to me it would be nice to have known up front that the DSC-2330L with an SD Card and properly configured to record picture files on motion detect....would quietly fail recording when the card filled.  I mistakenly thought that the camera would automatically overwrite or sound an alert when full. 

Thank you DLink.... I had the law enforcement out here yesterday on a hard wire burglar alarm and now find out that my really cool video capture stopped 10 days ago.

A friendly but off-shore support voice on the phone tells me today that if I used a mydlink account it would prevent this.  I did not want to set up a a mydlink account because I really don't my security video anywhere in the cloud.

So are the notes that I find in this thread true....one must manually delete space to manage this???

Wdunn

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
Re: DCS-2330L SD Overwrite Capablilty would be nice
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 04:03:14 PM »

Yes, unfortunately.

mdosu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 10:50:08 AM »

Yes, unfortunately.

I'm a bit confused, I've already setup a mydlink account, but I don't see an option to record to the cloud, how do I do this?

I presume, I still have to put a SD card to record, but what does the online account do?  does it simply notify me when the files are full and when I should delete, or does it allow automatic deletion of my old files? or is it recording to the cloud?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 01:54:27 PM »

I'm a bit confused, I've already setup a mydlink account, but I don't see an option to record to the cloud, how do I do this?

The primary function of mydlink is to provide remote monitoring of D-Link camera feeds and remote maintenance/administration of mydlink enabled devices. mydlink does not offer cloud-based storage.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 11:31:01 AM »

Why do the new hardware and fw's fail to overwrite old recordings when sd card is full and fail to return HD images?

RiverWay

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 05:08:15 PM »

I haven't dropped an SD card in the 2330L yet, but looking at event setup for an SD card, it has the same option for limiting recording size as the 2132L - which causes old video files to be deleted and therefore preventing the card from filling up:

"Total cycling recording size: [Empty Size Field]  Mbytes [200~2000000]"

I typically leave a GB or two free, to be safe. Same for the 942L, which also allows cycling.

I view the SD card as a last-resort backup, recording 24/7 in case D-ViewCam, and ftp video writes to a hard drive, each fail. And it's a good practice to let the SD card fill up and cycle to understand how many days of storage are available for the selected video resolution (i.e., to understand how much time is available to retrieve files, just in case those files on the SD card are really needed). But if the 2330L really is not cycling, then SD card functionality is out the window.

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 06:52:41 AM »

I haven't dropped an SD card in the 2330L yet, but looking at event setup for an SD card, it has the same option for limiting recording size as the 2132L - which causes old video files to be deleted and therefore preventing the card from filling up:

"Total cycling recording size: [Empty Size Field]  Mbytes [200~2000000]"

Indeed it does have this setting.  The problem is that it doesn't work.   :)

RiverWay

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 02:31:19 PM »

I can confirm that cycling operates correctly on my 2330L using a 32GB card under firmware version 1.01.06.

user45678

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 12:22:09 PM »

Does that work only for permanent recording or also for motion detection / event recording? For me it doesn't work for motion detection. The DCS-942L overwrites the oldest videos when the SD card is full. Why the DCS-2330L couldn't do it?

user45678

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 07:33:52 AM »

It seems I have found a solution which works.
I have activated the continous recording (Event setup / recording) only for 1 minute each week (because I don't need it) and configured the "total cycling recording size" according to the size of the SD card. Now the old videos and pictures are deleted automatically even if 99.9 % of the videos are recorded through the motion detection.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 03:14:22 PM »

It seems I have found a solution which works.
I have activated the continous recording (Event setup / recording) only for 1 minute each week (because I don't need it) and configured the "total cycling recording size" according to the size of the SD card. Now the old videos and pictures are deleted automatically even if 99.9 % of the videos are recorded through the motion detection.

That's compete genius!!  ::)

I'm going to try on the 5222lb1.