• March 28, 2024, 01:08:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-343 completely lifeless  (Read 2860 times)

szandman

• Level 1 Member
DNS-343 completely lifeless
« on: April 03, 2011, 09:52:42 AM »

Hey,
I've had a 343 now for a few years and there has been some issues during that time. From time to time it has frozen and wouldn't reboot with button either. Eventually it wouldn't start either. So theres were I'm at. No lights, no disk spinning, nothing. The only sign of life I see is when I put the power cord in and the fans turn over once, only to stop again. The power brick is OK, I've measured it.
I can't smell anything weird either.
My only thought now is that the firmware is corrupt or something.

Does anyone have any input on this?? What can be done?? Can it be flashed by rs232 on one of the JP connectors??

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNS-343 completely lifeless
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 10:43:33 AM »

Sounds like more than a firmware issue.  Did you attempt the reset procedure to instantiate the default firmware?

Hey,
I've had a 343 now for a few years and there has been some issues during that time. From time to time it has frozen and wouldn't reboot with button either. Eventually it wouldn't start either. So theres were I'm at. No lights, no disk spinning, nothing. The only sign of life I see is when I put the power cord in and the fans turn over once, only to stop again. The power brick is OK, I've measured it.
I can't smell anything weird either.
My only thought now is that the firmware is corrupt or something.

Does anyone have any input on this?? What can be done?? Can it be flashed by rs232 on one of the JP connectors??
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

szandman

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-343 completely lifeless
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 12:07:34 PM »

Sounds like more than a firmware issue.  Did you attempt the reset procedure to instantiate the default firmware?

If you refer to pressing the reset button on the back of the unit, then Yes.
But since the unit won't boot at all it makes no difference... =(