• March 28, 2024, 05:40:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Beta firmware 1.21 Beta (3rd phase)  (Read 66004 times)

Ru-Fi-Oh

Beta firmware 1.21 Beta (3rd phase)
« on: October 19, 2009, 02:06:14 PM »

Here it is folks.. I think you guys know the drill.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=8822.0

post your feedback in this thread. Sorry for the wait and thank you for being patient.

someairforcedude

• Level 1 Member
Re: Beta firmware 1.21 Beta (3rd phase)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 02:24:07 PM »

Thank you D-Link , glad to hear that you are listening  :-)   Downloading firmware now.  Will post on settings and up-time once I have it configured and ready to go.

Continued:
After about 1 hr uptime doing nothing special, just normal browsing etc.
Later on I will turn on my xbox360 and stream movies and also will play some live games (Call of Duty 4)

Now I will post another set after its been up for 24 hrs, and during the break I will be using xbox live to play games on, I will extensively use my Windows home server, and I will enable the wireless on my laptop and try to download torrents after which I will upload those torrents using my laptop to the server.  The wireless upload speed on my laptop still isn't too good so you all know.  It was transferring a 50MB file in about 3-4 minutes...if that tells you guys how fast it is.  But I am going to turn off this router for 1 minute, unplugged and all that good stuff and leave it and then I will turn it back on, and will test it for the next 24 hours.  We can then see if it makes any difference. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 02:34:00 PM by someairforcedude »

edlivian

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 02:29:27 PM »

whats new in this build??

All I care about is wireless signal strength and stability

Before when I was within 20 feet of the router it would say 100%, now the best I can get is 80% even when I am close to the router.

Did they try to lower the range of this router so we dump it, and so we go out and buy new routers????
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 02:44:17 PM by edlivian »

someairforcedude

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 06:32:03 PM »

Ed, supposed to have a lot of stability in this version for the WAN/LAN side of things, supposed to fix the lockups and having to restart router etc...

rileyper

• Level 1 Member
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 07:25:32 PM »

Thanks ;D

!!!!update!!!!
after firmware update

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN

will report in a few days if it holds up, thanks again
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 08:33:20 PM by rileyper »

Legionx

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 08:56:47 PM »

Ill set up my router tomorrow and test it and see if i experience any issues.

ssnui

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 10:23:47 AM »

I had the b03 beta private build before and router rebooted itself last night around 3AM, that's less than 1 day run. I'll try this one see if it make any difference.

Soultics

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 10:47:23 AM »

Installed last night, felt no fixes with latency. WoW was still sitting at 200-300ms, youtube videos still lagged behind. Cox blames my equipment, you'll blame my provider. Yay!

Anyway heres the speedtest.

TheAncientEvil

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 11:40:34 AM »

Installed last night, felt no fixes with latency. WoW was still sitting at 200-300ms, youtube videos still lagged behind. Cox blames my equipment, you'll blame my provider. Yay!
[/URL]

Shouldn't that be easy to determine?  do a traceroute to some remote address, like yahoo.com, then run a few continuous pings to the first few hops and a few of the other hops along the way.  Then do the same thing without the router in between to compare?  Or does ping latency not suffer from the issue you are describing?  is the issue only under heavy load etc?  Again, you should be able to try it with and without the router to be able to know if it is the router.  if it does it without the router, then your ISP couldn't really argue the fault is with your equipment per say, assuming you test from more than one machine.

UserCookie69

• Level 1 Member
    • My X-Fire Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 11:51:57 AM »

flashed reset to factory and put my settings in by hand

little better but speed was never really an issue

Legionx

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 03:11:44 PM »

Yea i would honestly think its your ISP or the modem itself. I get about 4.5Mb download and 0.56MB upload and i get a latency of 61ms on WOW going though wireless have no problem watching TV online, and no problem with you tube videos.

Pulsar

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 05:05:30 PM »

I'm one of the people who had problems with the router slowing to a crawl after a few days and eventually needing to be rebooted. So far so good with this new firmware. Will report again in a few days.  :)

Ian

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 05:37:35 PM »

I had a problem saving my configuration. The save went normally with no indication of a problem but when I tried to restore it, I got a "Restore out of valid range" error. Luckily I had an older version of my configuration and I could see right away the corrupt saved configuration was only half the size it should have been. I was able to restore the older configuration.

I had not rebooted my router before starting the upgrade process and perhaps the router memory was 'sick'. I suggest that you reboot your routers before saving the current configuration and then check the file size against an older one if you have one or try reload it back before factory defaulting the router.

I'm running the beta now. Speed tests before and after are identical. Only time will tell if the performance degrades over time.

V@no

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 05:19:39 AM »

What about the issue that locks up router's web access and requires physically unplug it to solve this?

johnnybegood

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 07:05:19 AM »

speed is very good with beta 3

shareport no longer working either if i reboot router or replug the hdd

still have issue with Accoustic research internet radio (ARIRC200) RCA in USA with cable rj45 try the wifi it does the same thing tried to put the ip of the radio in DMZ still the same

DI-604 i didnt have those internet radio glitch
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 07:33:29 AM by johnnybegood »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9