• April 27, 2024, 09:40:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DGS 1210 - VLANs for multiple networks  (Read 3472 times)

mar.b

• Level 1 Member
DGS 1210 - VLANs for multiple networks
« on: August 18, 2021, 06:45:29 AM »

Hello,

I need some help as i trying to accomplish two things:
1. Make this switch to receive traffic from 2 ISPs.
2. Access the web interface / management of the switch after creating VLANs fro point .1 above.

What i have done so far:
- i have defined two VLANS (100 and 200). I have assigned 3 ports to each VLAN as it follows: VLAN 100 - PORT 1, 2, 3; VLAN 200 - PORT 4, 5, 6.
- i am using PORT 1 to get the Internet connection from ISP1 and Port 4 from ISP2.
Locally i have tested with computers plugged in those ports. I am able to get ping communication for each VLAN as long as they are connected correct. If i plug the cable in port 1 and port 4 and then try ping, they won't work. So i do believe it is correct what i have done.
- I have removed the untagged traffic from all these 6 ports. I have assumed that there will be no issues and the only traffic is from Internet via each ISP.

In this case, i have no access to the management of the switch. In order to access the web interface i need to connect to PORT 8, 9 or 10.

Is there a way to add a VLAN to port 2 or port 5 that would be separated from Internet traffic?

I know i can plug another cable in port 8 but my goal is to have less cables and from a bandwidth point of view, using a separate VLAN for management on Internet defined ports i see no problem.
Is it possible to move the internal management from untagged (vlan 1 i think) to something else?

Please have patience with me, i am just starting to learn this switch area...

Best regards,
M.