• March 28, 2024, 04:28:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Still no live view after Java fix ?  (Read 31025 times)

Darby_UK

• Level 1 Member
Still no live view after Java fix ?
« on: January 24, 2014, 12:15:17 AM »

Updated firmware on our new 326 to the 2.00b06 version.

Got the initial 'Security Exception' missing manifest thing - fixed that by adding the IP address of the NVR to the exception list.

I no longer get the warning but just black screen where camera's should be and everything else is just greyed out.

I've also added the IP's of the two Axis servers i'm viewing into the exception list but that doesnt seem to make any difference.

Any help appreciated - i've tried Chrome and IE with same results.

Thanks

Dean.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Still no live view after Java fix ?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 06:14:33 AM »

Try adding "http://" before each IP address you add to the exception list.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Darby_UK

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 08:28:47 AM »

Thanks - had already included http - have also noticed more concerningly that since the firmware update I cannot record anything - is set up to recording schedule of always but in status says not recording - can i wind the firmware back ??

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 09:29:22 AM »

Here's a similar issue users experienced with the DNR-322L and here's D-Link's assessment and recommended course of action:

There may be a Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package issue. Try uninstalling the C++ package reboot and run the installation again to see if it would fix the issue with the button not displaying.

Please post back and let us know if this helps.  ;)

Darby_UK

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 10:01:15 AM »

Thanks - but still no go...

No live video, no buttons - Can playback recorded (pre firmware update) but changing OSD details is not remembered when saved.

I have to say i am really dissapointed with the DLink software - we made a conscious choice to select a recognised brand not a cheap Chineses NVR, and i've ended up with a product that will not live display, not record and not remember basic setting like OSD.

To get the benefit of android remote view, i have lost all functionality of the device - currently it is nothing more than a glorified NAS drive  >:(

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 10:02:14 AM »

. . . can i wind the firmware back ??

Sorry, I didn't answer your question. Yes, you should be able to roll-back to the previous firmware version with issue.

Darby_UK

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 10:31:21 AM »

Tried a re-install of Java - but no difference - running it with Console enabled i can see this

Missing Permissions manifest attribute in main jar: http://192.168.1.49/web/nvr/applet-launcher.jar
JNLPAppletLauncher: static initializer

Assume this possibly has some bearing on what is going on.

If its a security issue, surely DLink should be issuing a fix to correct their lack of security that Java believes it should have ??

Darby_UK

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 11:00:14 AM »

It just gets better - will not allow me to roll back firmware to 1.40

Said it had completed update - but still 2.00

Quality business grade product this turned out to be..

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 11:36:07 AM »

Are you attempting to view the NVR from a local or a remote location?

I have a similar issue here at work in viewing my DCS camera. I can access it on MDL, however the video is grayed out. We presume this is a work Firewall issue as I can access the camera from my iPhone.

Be sure to disable any 3rd party security SW and browser add-ons for testing.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Darby_UK

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 01:00:41 PM »

Thanks - i'm doing everything on my local network.

Everything worked fine until i updated the firmware to 2.0

I had it recording, and live-view was available, but now no live and no ability to enable recording, though cannot see how that is a java issue ???

Just come back in tried everything again and now i get a 404 not found when the page refreshes in live-view in IE and this in chrome

What i now see in Chrome (exceptions etc. in Java are in place)

box to right is permanently grey and nothing appears.

I only purchased this yesterday - very tempted to box up and return to supplier as DOA - have wasted hours already and got no where....

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 01:04:46 PM »

What OS platform are you using?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 01:18:15 PM »

Thanks - i'm doing everything on my local network.

Everything worked fine until i updated the firmware to 2.0

I had it recording, and live-view was available, but now no live and no ability to enable recording, though cannot see how that is a java issue ???

Just come back in tried everything again and now i get a 404 not found when the page refreshes in live-view in IE and this in chrome

What i now see in Chrome (exceptions etc. in Java are in place)

box to right is permanently grey and nothing appears.

I only purchased this yesterday - very tempted to box up and return to supplier as DOA - have wasted hours already and got no where....

Try running IE in compatibility mode.

PacketTracer

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 01:34:25 PM »

Hi

Tried a re-install of Java - but no difference - running it with Console enabled i can see this

Missing Permissions manifest attribute in main jar: http://192.168.1.49/web/nvr/applet-launcher.jar
JNLPAppletLauncher: static initializer

Assume this possibly has some bearing on what is going on.

Recently I had a similar problem with Java due to higher security demands implemented into newer Java versions.

Given you have installed the newest Java version (Java 7 Update 51, Build 1.7.0_51-b13, eventually both x86 and x64 versions if you have an x64 OS), the following steps might solve the problem.

• In Control Center open Java control applet and go to the security tab. Click the sitelist button () and add the exception http://192.168.1.49 - From your posts I see you did so.
  • If the first step does not solve the problem, edit the "java.security" file. You will find this file in folder "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\security" and/or in folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\lib\security" depending on kind of OS you have (x86 or x64) and which Java version you have installed (x86 and/or x64). If you installed both Java versions on a x64 OS you will have 2 java.security files and have to edit both.

IMPORTANT: In order to store changes to the java.security file you will need a proper text editor (e.g. Notepad++ or Wordpad) that you have to "run as" administrator. Then open the java.security file via file open dialogue of the editor of your choice.

Scrolling up from the end of the file look for the line with content

jdk.certpath.disabledAlgorithms=MD2, RSA keySize < 1024

Change this line by reducing the keysize. In my case changing the value to 1023 was enough. Otherwise try 512.

PacketTracer

Darby_UK

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 11:58:50 AM »

Thanks for all the assistance.

I tried to connect using an older Win7 PC that had an earlier version of Java installed, and all camera's displayed fine, so definately a Java security issue.

I did note however that sheduled recording is not working in 2.00 firmware - and there is no way to manually action with the java version.

I wound firmware back to 1.40 rebooted and got the old activeX version running which does allow manual recording luckily as i still do not believe scheduled recording works.

At least i now have all channels viewing manually - and have found an alternative Android App to view the Axis server camera's i have connected to the 326.

Not perfect, but better than nothing....

Dean.

smurfwizard

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 11:09:58 AM »

I could only get mine to work with IE 11
Firefox kept giving me the same errors
Pages: [1] 2