• March 28, 2024, 08:06:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 517159 times)

livesoftware

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2012, 10:48:30 PM »

Please include a feature to allow naming of the image file when using the Snapshot feature.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=49457.0

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-942 - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2012, 05:28:16 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to view snapshot and video thumbnails
  • General - Add SMB server to access files on the SD card
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/
  • Audio - Fix intermittent clicking/static
  • Audio - Set default audio to OFF for mydlink, mobile devices, and D-ViewCam
  • Audio - Fix feedback loop during thee first 5 seconds of startup
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L)
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot)
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • FTP - Add an FTP test button (similar to the DCS-932L)[/color]
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator)
  • Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Storage - Ability to access the on-board SD card via a folder
  • Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2012, 05:29:33 AM »

Please include a feature to allow naming of the image file when using the Snapshot feature.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=49457.0

Can you please be more specific in what you are looking for? Are you looking for a user defeined naming convention? File name with date appended?  Please clarify.

livesoftware

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2012, 08:37:14 AM »

Yes it would be great if the user had the option to just specify their own naming convention when ftping files to the server.   Folder and filename.

For example I would like to be able to tell the camera just ftp the file to folder /pictures and name the file picture.jpg.  This would cause the file picture.jpg to be continually overwritten.

Very useful when your trying to simply show the latest image on a website.

Thx

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2012, 01:49:30 PM »

Yes it would be great if the user had the option to just specify their own naming convention when ftping files to the server.   Folder and filename.

For example I would like to be able to tell the camera just ftp the file to folder /pictures and name the file picture.jpg.  This would cause the file picture.jpg to be continually overwritten.

Very useful when your trying to simply show the latest image on a website.

Thx

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2012, 01:54:40 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to accept user specified file/folder naming convention for image FTP, including the ability to overwrite images with the same file name)
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot)
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator)
  • Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)

• General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]

dm80218

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2012, 04:33:44 PM »

Please fix the time/date retention problem.  If power is removed from the camara, it loses
the time.  In this instance the camera cannot connect to a network and needs to save its time when it
is powered off.

Thanks.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2012, 04:35:28 AM »

Please fix the time/date retention problem.  If power is removed from the camara, it loses
the time.  In this instance the camera cannot connect to a network and needs to save its time when it
is powered off.

I'm not sure if this is a firmware issue or not, but will add...  :-\

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2012, 04:38:18 AM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to accept user specified file/folder naming convention for image FTP, including the ability to overwrite images with the same file name)
  • General - Retain date/time following a power outage

phi76ers

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2012, 02:16:18 AM »

Hi Administrator,

I am just a beginner for using this amazing network camera. But what suffer me the most is that that image cannot be rotate 90 degree or 270 degree , clockwise or anti-clockwise, but only flip and mirror. Since i can only get the best angel when the camera is rotated clockwise. So, please please please to have it in your next firmware update.

Image - Add ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in additon to flip and mirror

Big thanks

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2012, 04:22:28 AM »

Hi Administrator,

I am just a beginner for using this amazing network camera. But what suffer me the most is that that image cannot be rotate 90 degree or 270 degree , clockwise or anti-clockwise, but only flip and mirror. Since i can only get the best angel when the camera is rotated clockwise. So, please please please to have it in your next firmware update.

Image - Add ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in additon to flip and mirror

Big thanks

Added to the list...
Please keep in mind that this list we're compiling is a "wishlist" of functionality requested by the user community and does not necessarily mean D-Link will accommodate any/everything here.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2012, 04:24:03 AM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• Image - Ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in addition to flip and mirror

mrMagoo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2012, 11:24:23 AM »

There's some items on the Wishlist that have been addressed as of 1.10 / 1.11
and D-Link deserves the credit for doing so...

•General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/
Is now http://support.dlink.com/

•Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L)
At the bottom of the email setup screen (snapshot)

•Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot)
Mine sends all six in one email.

•Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
Top left corner of live view.

•Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator)
Not sure what functionality was requested, but you can set it to "Manual IR" which should do the trick.

•Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)

You can record up to 65 seconds (5 - pre, 60 - post)
30 second "delay" still seems to be there though

•Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded
Again, not sure what's requested but mine sends an email with six snapshots
and I have no problem viewing the recorded video of the very same event.

//mrM

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2012, 04:45:17 AM »

There's some items on the Wishlist that have been addressed as of 1.10 / 1.11
and D-Link deserves the credit for doing so...

•General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/
Is now http://support.dlink.com/

•Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L)
At the bottom of the email setup screen (snapshot)

•Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot)
Mine sends all six in one email.

•Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
Top left corner of live view.

•Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator)
Not sure what functionality was requested, but you can set it to "Manual IR" which should do the trick.

•Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)

You can record up to 65 seconds (5 - pre, 60 - post)
30 second "delay" still seems to be there though

•Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded
Again, not sure what's requested but mine sends an email with six snapshots
and I have no problem viewing the recorded video of the very same event.

//mrM

Thank you for the update. I will adjust the Wishlist accordingly.  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2012, 04:51:14 AM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• FTP - Add an FTP test button (similar to the DCS-932L)[/colo
  • Image - Ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in addition to flip and mirror[

• Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded [FIXED!]
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/ [FIXED!]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19