• April 16, 2024, 03:44:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: DCS-2132L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 129072 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-2132L - Firmware Wishlist
« on: August 07, 2012, 11:06:53 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• TBD

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-2132L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 04:13:50 AM »

My new DCS-2132L has had persistent audio static clicking. I've tried everything under the sun, with no resolution. The noise is present on different operating systems, different computers, in D-ViewCam and when accessing the camera directly via both Firefox and Explorer browsers. The static noise also makes it's way into recorded video, both on-board and via D-View Cam. I've tried numerous configuration combinations on the camera, in an attempt to isolate the issue. The only additional insight gained was that sometimes the microphone turns off by itself, and toggling it off and on in the camera would turn the microphone on again.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 04:15:07 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-2132L Wishlist

• Audio - Persistent clicking/static [Reported by multiple owners]

• TBD
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 05:07:07 AM by JavaLawyer »

usmcpi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 05:36:17 AM »

The ability for a check box/radio button to enable the whole field of view for motion detection.  This would prevent users from having to use the worst internet browser in existence to highlight a grid.  Either that, or just make the grid work with chrome and/or firefox.

Not really firmware, but the ability to download the active X component for IE independently.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 05:55:34 AM »

The ability for a check box/radio button to enable the whole field of view for motion detection.  This would prevent users from having to use the worst internet browser in existence to highlight a grid.  Either that, or just make the grid work with chrome and/or firefox.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 05:55:58 AM »

DCS-2132L Wishlist

• Motion Detection - Option to enable entire frame for motion detection area (rather than manually highlighting the grid, which is problematic with some browsers)

• TBD

DJL

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 04:24:11 AM »

- Option to fix daylight/light problem. When it’s daylight and camera is directed towards the window to outside, camera cannot (automatically) correct the daylight/light. When I watch live streaming I see only white picture.
I tried with my iPhone 4 camera and the iPhone 4 camera automatically fixes the light problem.
Solution/Fix: I found out that 'Anti Flicker' option in Setup/Image Setup, if ON it make a white noise in daylight, if OFF it's better and I can see some off outside.  
- I would like to see "Rotate" option for the camera. It has the Mirror and Flip, but I miss the Rotate left or Rotate right 90º.
- More than 2 events in Event Setup (3 or 4 events would be great).
- Automatic Firmware update or check if there is a new Firmware and direct download and update option.
- Maximum frame rate of 30 (I think that camera supports up to 30 fps).
- Motion detection, select more than one area (better option to set 3-4 or more areas).
- Backup data from SD card to FTP/NAS with schedule.
- Better SD card delete option, to delete the folder and subfolders and files with one click.
- Option to disable the build in microfon.
- Dropbox cloud service support (add camera to Dropbox for backup).
- IE 10 support (now sometimes frizzing, cannot select other button in menu - not responding).
- Video Clip / Pre-event recording 0-15 Second(s) or more, Maximum duration 1-200 or more, Miximum file size 10000 Kbytes or more.

;)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 04:07:26 AM by DJL »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 10:59:45 AM »

- Option to fix daylight/light problem. When it’s daylight and camera is directed towards the window to outside, camera cannot (automatically) correct the daylight/light. When I watch live streaming I see only white picture.
I tried with my iPhone 4 camera and the iPhone 4 camera automatically fixes the light problem.
Solution/Fix: I found out that 'Anti Flicker' option in Setup/Image Setup, if ON it make a white noise in daylight, if OFF it's better and I can see some off outside.  

Are you saying that this is already fixed since anti-flicker corrects the issue?

- I would like to see "Rotate" option for the camera. It has the Mirror and Flip, but I miss the Rotate left or Rotate right 90º.
- More than 2 events in Event Setup (3 or 4 events would be great).
- Automatic Firmware update or check if there is a new Firmware and direct download and update option.
- Maximum frame rate of 30 (I think that camera supports up to 30 fps).
- Motion detection, select more than one area (better option to set 3-4 or more areas).
- Backup data from SD card to FTP/NAS with schedule.
- Better SD card delete option, to delete the folder and subfolders and files with one click.
- Option to disable the build in microfon.
- Dropbox cloud service support (add camera to Dropbox for backup).
- IE 10 support (now sometimes frizzing, cannot select other button in menu - not responding).
- Video Clip / Pre-event recording 0-15 Second(s) or more, Maximum duration 1-200 or more, Miximum file size 10000 Kbytes or more.

;)

Added....  ;)
Thanks for your contribution!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 11:00:29 AM »

DCS-2132L Wishlist

• General - Automatic firmware check and update
  • General - Direct download link to new firmware
  • General - Dropbox support (option for backup destination as well)
  • General - Maintain support for latest browser versions (i.e. IE 10 support)
  • Events - Ability to store more than two events
  • Motion Detection - Ability to select multiple areas
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable entire frame for motion detection area (rather than manually highlighting the grid, which is problematic with some browsers)
  • SD Card - More user friendly data deletion (i.e. option to delete directories, sub-directories, and files with a single click)
  • SD Card - Option to backup SD card to external storage on a schedule
  • Sound - Option to disable onboard microphone
  • Video - Option to rotate image 90 degrees clockwise/counter-clockwise (in addition to mirror and flip)
  • Video - Option to select 30 fps framerate
  • Video - Option to set maximum duration for event recording (by seconds or storage consumption)

• TBD

DriverVoIP

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 03:02:56 AM »

SETUP-> NETWORK SETUP
Selecting authorization videoX.mjpg stream

MAINTENANCE->ADMIN
Organize a link to Snapshot URL and User Access Control as DCS-923L

SETUP-> EVENT SETUP->RECORDING
Increase the size of the record

Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:35:53 AM by DriverVoIP »

Popovice

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 01:34:17 AM »

Are you saying that this is already fixed since anti-flicker corrects the issue?

Added....  ;)
Thanks for your contribution!

No, it is not fixed. The image gets over-exposured in bright light/snowy conditions even if the anti-flicker option is OFF. This is clearly a bug and should be fixed in 2132L firmware. Also I would very much like to see the FTP overwrite function in next FW release.

Harley10-95

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 09:35:22 AM »

Motion detection config also with other browser like Firefox and Safari etc.
Now this function works only with the IE :(
1x DCS-5222L
1x DCS-2132L
2x DCS-942L
1x DCS-932L

jpms

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 04:28:16 PM »

Able to switch on/off PIR Motion detection only just like my DCS-942L. The PIR motion detection is a better alternative for the camera in regards to the room it's used in. I use the Surveillance Station on my Synology NAS and this setup works well with the DCS-942L. 

As a side note, please let me know if I'm using the camera incorrectly in regards to switching PIR detection only on.

Thanks,

jpms.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 07:20:20 PM »

Able to switch on/off PIR Motion detection only just like my DCS-942L. The PIR motion detection is a better alternative for the camera in regards to the room it's used in. I use the Surveillance Station on my Synology NAS and this setup works well with the DCS-942L. 

As a side note, please let me know if I'm using the camera incorrectly in regards to switching PIR detection only on.

Thanks,

jpms.

My PIR motion detection is turned off on my 2132L. I'm not sure what you are talking about?

I don't have a Synology NAS.  But that setup appears to be under the Event Setup->SERVER option, which is unrelated to Event Setup->EVENT, which I detail below:

I set up the event trigger option for PIR or MOTION DETECTION (which uses the motion detection settings you set (sensitivity and percentage and location areas))

If I wanted to add PIR, I would create another event for PIR.

jpms

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 09:13:08 PM »

Hi thanks for the response. I don't use the D Link software at all so that event trigger wont work for me and possibly others who choose to use the Synology surveillance station software instead.

Like I said, the 942L and the 5222L have the ability to switch the PIR on and off in the motion detection settings page (this is a check box). I then let the camera handle movement detection via PIR only and then it records it via the Surveillance station software to the NAS.

I'm sure that this ability can be added to this camera via firmware.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6