The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-895L

Guest wifi always on

(1/6) > >>

sirdar:
After update to firmware 1.20 my router will not turn off guest wifi and my signal strength is weaker, had to do emergence firmware reset back to 1.13 to get it to work right.

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
* Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch?  Link> >FW Update Process

miamigold21:
hello again

its true wifi guest zone(2.4 ghz) stays enabled after update 1.20 even though you disabled in the interface when you log in the router configurations page. I found out when  I was using the wifi analyzer and saw the wifi guest signal was broadcasting the 2.4 ghz signal. so I had to log in through my phone on the browser that will give you a desktop version or the mobile version so I went into the mobile version and disabled through there and no more guest popping out. I did the hard reset before and after when updating the firmware. and then when I found out about it I hard reseted again to see if it was just a glitch but it wasn't so I think the new firmware needs to patch this so no other person can piggy back on their signal.

FurryNutz:
I recommend downgrading to v1.13

--- Quote from: miamigold21 on October 14, 2017, 05:50:35 PM ---hello again

its true wifi guest zone(2.4 ghz) stays enabled after update 1.20 even though you disabled in the interface when you log in the router configurations page. I found out when  I was using the wifi analyzer and saw the wifi guest signal was broadcasting the 2.4 ghz signal. so I had to log in through my phone on the browser that will give you a desktop version or the mobile version so I went into the mobile version and disabled through there and no more guest popping out. I did the hard reset before and after when updating the firmware. and then when I found out about it I hard reseted again to see if it was just a glitch but it wasn't so I think the new firmware needs to patch this so no other person can piggy back on their signal.

--- End quote ---

GreenBay42:
A tech verified this issue and has reported it.

If you disable Smart Connect, you can then disable guest network and it won't broadcast. With smart connect enabled, guest network still broadcasts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version