• March 18, 2018, 02:33:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Trouble with the Camera  (Read 1129 times)

• Level 1 Member
Trouble with the Camera
« on: September 08, 2017, 04:16:41 PM »

Ok, I have an interesting problem that I am hoping someone can help me with.
I just got a DCS-942L from a local place and I cannot get it on the network. I don't even see it register on my router.
- If I plug the camera in the power light is a constant red
     - holding the reset button does nothing, holding WPS button does nothing

- If I plug the camera in while holding pushing the reset button in, the power light blinks red. Once I let the reset button go, the power light turns green

These above mentioned is all I can get the camera to do. Neither option gets an ip address from the router. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to load firmware via the micro sd card (maybe firmware is hosed)?

Thanks for the help!

• Level 1 Member
Re: Trouble with the Camera
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 02:15:59 PM »

Just FYI for people. This did not help my specific problem but this is a way to access your camera directly when an IP address is not assigned via DHCP.  From support:

You can also perform a recovery reset.

To do this,

1. Press and hold the reset button while plugging in the camera

2. Assign a static ip in to your computer

IP address ....
Subnet Mask ...
Default Gateway.

3. Connect the camera directly to the computer through an Ethernet cable and enter to a browser. You will see "Firmware recovery mode" or "Recovery mode" on screen

4. Download and upzip firmware for your device through http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/support/product/dcs-942l-enhanced-day-night-cloud-camera?revision=deu_revb#downloads

5. Click browse and point to the unzipped file and click Upgrade

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: Trouble with the Camera
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 09:17:56 AM »

Users can review this for recovery as well:

Although it's recommended to download FW files from your regional D-Link support sites as there are different regions that users maybe located.

Cable:200mb/10Mb>Motorola MB7420>COVR3902>HP 24pt Gb Switch. 3xDGL-4500s,DIR-857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,865L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L and 960L.
Go Here>Router Troubleshooting