The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-5030L

Motion detection lag

(1/2) > >>

pspens:
In the last few days, I have noticed that the recording resulting from motion detection is lagging by about a second or two, meaning that the recording begins a second or two AFTER motion is detected.  This wasn't the case for the first couple of weeks I had this camera.  Just thought I'd point it out and see if others noticed anything similar.

GreenBay42:
Have you tried rebooting the camera? Just pull the power and plug it back in and see if that helps.

RYAT3:
Did your add other things to the cameras task list?
Ie, 24x7 sd recording, video, snapshots, ftp,etc.

My 2132l h/w a would lag 1 to 2 seconds with 3 second pre recording for ftp (which is almost 5 seconds! ) when added 24x7 recording to sd card. (I was also wireless at the time).

pspens:

--- Quote from: RYAT3 on June 28, 2017, 06:56:25 AM ---Did your add other things to the cameras task list?
Ie, 24x7 sd recording, video, snapshots, ftp,etc.

My 2132l h/w a would lag 1 to 2 seconds with 3 second pre recording for ftp (which is almost 5 seconds! ) when added 24x7 recording to sd card. (I was also wireless at the time).

--- End quote ---

I've been continually playing around with various parameters, such as sensitivity and changing between images and videos in email.  I have noticed that email gets broken occasionally which I suspect occurs when the camera switches from night-mode to day-mode.  There appears to be a loud click when this happens and I suspect that the email setting which I imagine is stored in an eprom is being reset.  The solution appears to be to go to the mail settings page and resave the settings.  Anyway, the camera is way more flaky than I imagined could be possible.

RYAT3:
I don't have a 5030l, but my 2230 would ftp video clips correctly when changing daylight to night mode.

I don't do email, but the could be problems there, especially if you are emailing a lot.  Things could slow down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version