• March 28, 2024, 11:46:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Events are not clear to me  (Read 4433 times)

kladda

• Level 1 Member
Events are not clear to me
« on: January 05, 2017, 04:30:40 AM »

Hi!
Just got a 2330L and this is what i would like to happen:

1. During monday-friday between 09:00-16:30 i would like the camera to notice motion and if motion occurs i would like it to:
A: Send some images via email
B: Record video to SD
--and--
2. 1. During monday-sunday between 00:00-06:00 i would like the camera to notice motion and if motion occurs i would like it to:

Is this possible? I can't seem to add two actions (send images and record video) to the same Event, therefor i can't the different schemes.
Is there a way to make a more complex event so the two-event-limit wont be a problem?

Thank you!

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
Re: Events are not clear to me
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 07:36:39 AM »

Is this possible? I can't seem to add two actions (send images and record video) to the same Event, therefor i can't the different schemes.
Is there a way to make a more complex event so the two-event-limit wont be a problem?

No, unfortunately.  You're correct that you can't do what you want: each event can have only one action associated.  You're further limited in that you can only have two events.  So you might be able to get a partial solution one of two ways under those limitations:

1.  Have one event for Mon-Fri and one event for Mon-Sun, and pick whether you prefer SD recording or emails for each.

OR

2. Find a blend of day range and time range that works for all seven days you want to cover.  Set up one event for that range and pick whether you most prefer emails or SD card recording.  Set that event to have the highest priority, and also set the motion detection delay (before triggering next event) to whatever the lowest value is (I think it might be one second).  Then set up a second event for the same day/time range and have it do whichever of email and SD recording you did not pick in the first event.  Make it second priority.  The point of this approach is to have two events that fire almost simultaneously, with one handling email and one handling recording.

I'm skeptical how well #2 would work since these cameras have very weak processors and aren't good at doing more than one thing at once (if that sometimes!).  But it might be worth a test.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 07:27:42 AM »

Any status on this?

Hi!
Just got a 2330L and this is what i would like to happen:

1. During monday-friday between 09:00-16:30 i would like the camera to notice motion and if motion occurs i would like it to:
--and--
2. 1. During monday-sunday between 00:00-06:00 i would like the camera to notice motion and if motion occurs i would like it to:

Thank you!
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

KHALIL86

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 04:30:10 PM »

Hello,

My Dlink send an email, but no video or images are sent in atachement.

I have configured the ftp server successfully.

any one can help me how to send image in attachment ?

Thank you.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 11:02:21 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?

I recommend setting a static IP address ON the cameras outside of the main host routers default DHCP IP address pool as a troubleshooting step: 192.168.#.10 and .11  DHCP

Test cameras with uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding both enabled on ALL cameras: DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com

Has this been working before or is this all new?

Hello,

Thank you.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 10:24:41 AM »

Hello,

Thank you.

Well, the FTP server doesn't have anything to do with emails.  There are three things you need to have configured for this to work.  They are all located in Setup > Event Setup.

First, in the Server section, you need to have your sending and receiving email accounts configured.

Second in, in the Media section, you need to have a media type of Snapshot configured.

And third, in the Event section you need to have an event type of Motion configured.  Your configuration should include, in the Action section, your email account configured in step one above with an action to attach the snapshot configured in step two above.