• September 24, 2018, 01:52:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Latest firmware?  (Read 3962 times)

GaryNY

• Level 2 Member
Latest firmware?
« on: September 26, 2014, 10:30:08 AM »

Recently, when I access my camera through the MyDlink Lite app, it prompts me with "New firmware available", with choices "Cancel" or "Upgrade". I checked support.mydlink.com, and it shows 1.01.10 dated 7/26/13 is the latest version. This is what I have on the camera. Is there a newer version somewhere that I should install?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: Latest firmware?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 10:42:10 AM »

What region are you located?

Looking at USA D-Link web site and resources, v1.01.10 is the latest from last year, however D-Link has a private server I believe where FW updates can be updated from using the device. Others regions maybe different. I see no information on any other resent versions of FW. I recommend that you disable the update FW check for now.

If it works, don't fix it!

If your needing information on it, I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and inquire with in.
Besides I highly recommend not doing any FW updates over wireless. Wired LAN connections are highly recommended for doing updates. If possible.
I use this process for routers and can be used for cameras as well:
FW Update Process
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

GaryNY

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 10:57:56 AM »

The camera is in US, and I am now too, but I was recently in Europe, and I believe I first saw this upgrade prompt from there. I'm also seeing it now that I am back in the US.

How do I turn off the automatic check for updates?  I keep choosing cancel because I don't think it's a good idea to update remotely via wireless, but I wish it would stop asking.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 11:13:10 AM »

Is there a auto update feature check box under Maintenance/Firmware by chance? Not sure your model camera has this feature or not. I looked at the user manual and I didn't see one there...You might check some of the other web pages and see...
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

GaryNY

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 01:15:31 PM »

I don't see any checkbox for that.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 01:17:31 PM »

Ok...I guess you'll need to just avoid and cancel for now. I'll make a query email to D-Link and ask them if there is any information regarding what your seeing.

You'll be ok. Just cancel for now.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 11:42:06 AM »

Looks like v1.03 has been posted to the USA web site. So you should be able to verify versions and if need be, update and you'll be good.
http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DCS-2310L

The latest Wizard SW has been posted as well...

Auto notifications can't be disabled so once it's updated, those should go away till next release.  ::)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:43:55 AM by FurryNutz »

GaryNY

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 10:46:41 AM »

OK, thanks, I checked back and found the update, and installed it. No more warnings.  In the future, I hope updates are made available for download before the camera starts prompting to update , not after... Or the phone app specifically, since that's what's been bugging me to update.  I didn't think it was a good idea to update firmware through my phone, over a wireless link that isn't as reliable as a local connection, so I kept declining.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:52:39 AM by GaryNY »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
Re: Latest firmware? (RESOLVED)
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 11:56:31 AM »

Ya I recommend updating wired always.

Glad it's working. Enjoy.

;)