The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-655

DIR-655 Rev B Only v2.11NA FW Official Release NA region only!

<< < (21/21)

FurryNutz:
Ok, so since the DIR-655 seems to be headed to EOL and no more developments in FW updates will be forth coming unless there some big major security issues, I wanted to remove the 2Mb uplink cap limitation that these older routers had on them by design. Since now days the average ISP Uplink speeds is now beyond 2Mb. Not sure why D-Link did it this way so don't ask. Seen this on other older DIR series routers. Anyways, a forum member helped with the modification to the QoS section of Rev B DIR-655 and you can now use preset values for the uplink beyond 2Mb up to 50Mb in the QoS section of the FW. The Auto setting only detects up to 2Mb so select one of the preset Uplink values and test. 

This has been tested and is working on my 100/3 ISP service. No other sections of the FW was touched. All other features work well as expected.
***We attempted to review the incorrect Time, Time Zone and DST bug on this router and found it a bit too complex to make any changes to try to fix the bug. So work on correcting the Time bug was abandoned. A work around solution I found during DST time frames, setting the time zone to the next forward zone by one corrects the time seen on the router with actual time. Even thought the time zone is not correct.

Users with ISP uplink speeds above 2Mb can use this FW and QoS will work well. Hopefully this will help extend the life of the DIR-655 Rev B router. Been good solid routers.
You can find this mod here: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=57919.0
NA Region only!

This FW mod isn't officially supported by D-Link!  ::)

Enjoy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version