The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DNS-343

DNS-343 - Firmware v1.05 (Official Release) Comments & Observations

(1/5) > >>

JavaLawyer:
D-Link posted DNS-343 firmware version 1.05, which can be downloaded here: DNS-343  - Firmware v1.05 Download.

[*]DNS-343 - Cumulative Firmware Release Notes
[*]DNS ShareCenter - How to Upgrade ShareCenter Firmware
[*]DNS ShareCenter - Important Posts & Information
[*]DNS ShareCenter - Beta Firmware Terms and Conditions

[/list]

FYI:
Link>D-Link NAS Owner's :: Regarding CripTor Ransomware

Please post your comments and observations as a reply to this thread.

:)  ;)  :)

dallen:
Nervously updated from 1.05(beta) to 1.05(official) and everything went flawlessly.  D-Link moves ever so slowly with this product, but at least they move.

iuliand:
I thought I will never see this official release. This is good news.
I think it's time for me to finally make a firmware update to my trusty 343 because I need the NFS feature.
I believe 1.05 is enough tested and stable by now.

Currently I have fw 1.02 installed and worked well, but it's old.
I'm a bit nervous about this as it's the first time updating the firmware of the NAS and I have a few questions:

Do you know if upgrading directly from 1.02 is safe?
Do you have any idea what "Please make sure the Auto Power Recovery function is disabled before upgrading the firmware" means? Where do I find that setting?
I will need to redo all the settings after fw update from 1.02 to 1.05?

As I understood the data should be safe. I have backup-ed the most important things but I don't have the space to backup everything so I would prefer to see the data at it's place after the update.

Do you have any other advices for me?

Thank you.

edit: Forgot to mention that is configured as RAID5 with one Ext3 volume spread over four 1G WD green drives.

edit2: I think I've found the setting in Maintenance/Power management/Power recovery: Enable/Disable

iuliand:
Is this FW worldwide?

edit: I have:
Model No.: DNS-343 H/W Ver. A1 F/W Ver. 1.02
P/N: ENS343M......A1G
S/N: P4GA18A000***

edit2: On http://tsd.dlink.com.tw the latest ww f/w for a1/b1 h/w is "DNS-343 B1 FW v1.05b03(for WW)". Is there any way to find the 1.05 release for ww or to have a confirmation this will work for me?

edit3: Interesting, both 1.05 and 1.05b03 have the same check sum: d8089e7f9591ee424dc8c70f213c0ffa
It seems it is the same file after all.

JavaLawyer:

--- Quote from: iuliand on June 09, 2012, 08:52:42 AM ---Do you know if upgrading directly from 1.02 is safe?

--- End quote ---

Upgrading from v1.02 should be safe

--- Quote from: iuliand on June 09, 2012, 08:52:42 AM ---Do you have any idea what "Please make sure the Auto Power Recovery function is disabled before upgrading the firmware" means? Where do I find that setting?

--- End quote ---

Log into the web interface and navigate to the following location: MAINTENANCE > Power Management > Power Recovery Settings

--- Quote from: iuliand on June 09, 2012, 08:52:42 AM ---I will need to redo all the settings after fw update from 1.02 to 1.05?

--- End quote ---

Unknown

--- Quote from: iuliand on June 09, 2012, 08:52:42 AM ---As I understood the data should be safe. I have backup-ed the most important things but I don't have the space to backup everything so I would prefer to see the data at it's place after the update.

Do you have any other advices for me?
. . . .

edit: Forgot to mention that is configured as RAID5 with one Ext3 volume spread over four 1G WD green drives.
--- End quote ---

The firmware upgrade should not impact your existing HDD cofiguration or existing data. That said, you should always maintain a separate physical backup of your data. As I'm sure you're aware, RAID-5 provides redundancy, but is not a replacement for a separate physical backup. DNS-343 - Data Backup vs. Redundancy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version