• April 19, 2024, 11:10:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: loosing pings  (Read 5759 times)

Mischief

• Level 1 Member
loosing pings
« on: September 09, 2009, 05:15:00 AM »

I just had fiber hooked up in my house.  When I have my computer hooked directly into the ethernet port that the ISP gives me I get a 0% loss in packets.

When I go from the fiber to my router to my computer I get a 8% - 10% packet loss.

It was working fine when I was with the same ISP but on their DSL, now with the higher speeds I am getting packet loss.  It is not the ISP becase I get 0% when plugged directly into them.

I have some port forwards on for remote desktop, http, visualsvn, ftp etc.
I also have DynDNS activated.

But as I said it was working fine when I was on DSL but when I switched over to fiber I started getting packet loss.  I asked the ISP and there are no special settings that I needed to change in my router when I switched over.

I've tried restarting the router as well to no avail.

Any ideas would be helpful

Mischief

• Level 1 Member
Re: loosing pings
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 05:39:59 AM »

btw i was pinging www.wightman.ca which is the isp so I should get no packet loss.  3ms response time was the average

avie

• Level 1 Member
Re: loosing pings
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 08:37:24 AM »

Was there ever a "fix" for this?  I'm seeing a similar problem.  Just installed a new DGL-4100 connected to Comcast Business.  When it is working it works great, but very frequently it starts losing pings.  On the LAN side I ping directly to 192.168.0.1 and most of the time I get quick responses.  But every so often I will lose pings for anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds (and yes, the WAN is inaccessible during that period).  It will suddenly start working again but invariably it will start losing pings again.