• March 30, 2024, 01:58:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Apple AirPlay Issues: D-Link DAP-1155  (Read 5326 times)

lucaswilson94

Apple AirPlay Issues: D-Link DAP-1155
« on: August 27, 2013, 04:48:13 AM »

Hello,

I recently purchased a new AV Receiver (Pioneer VSX-827) for my home theatre which supports AirPlay streaming form Apple Computers and iOS devices. The AV Receiver however does not support wireless networks, and I do not have ethernet cabling running to where the AV Receiver is. My solution to this was to by a wireless ethernet bridge, which in my case turned out to be the D-Link DAP-1155. I have the DAP-1155 set up in bridge mode, which is it's connected wireless to my home network and then an ethernet cable runs form the DAP-1155 to the AV Receiver, essentially connected the AV Receiver to my home network.

My issue is that when I have the AV Receiver connected to the network this way, AirPlay can be quite temperamental, sometimes it works fine, sometimes it gives me the option on my devices to connect to AirPlay but then the connection fails, and sometimes the option to connect to AirPlay does not even show up. I have narrowed the issue down to something to do with the DAP-1155 as when I connect my AV Receiver to my main router creating the wireless network (Netgear R6300) using a very long ethernet cable through the hallway AirPlay works flawlessly, however having the cable running through my house is far from ideal.

The other issue that I'm having is when I reset the DAP-1155 to factory settings, I can easily access the web configuration utility by typing in the IP Address of the DAP-1155, however, once I put it into bridge mode it no longer has its own individual IP address, which means I cannot access the web configuration utility.

I have ensured that all products have the latest firmware. I have also tried setting up the AV Receiver with a static IP address and forwarding all ports I could find related to AirPlay to that IP Address, yet still AirPlay only works some of the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Lucas.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Apple AirPlay Issues: D-Link DAP-1155
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 07:32:18 AM »

Link>
Welcome!
  • What Hardware version is your DAP? Look at sticker under DAP.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DAP web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Wireless Configurations
Links>Wireless Installation Considerations and Managing Signal Congestion
  • What wireless modes are you using on the main host router?
  • 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz routers: Try single mode G or N or mixed G and N on 2.4Ghz and single mode N on 5Ghz?
  • Channel Width set for Auto 20/40Mhz or try 20Mhz only.
  • Try setting a manual Channel to a open or unused channel. 1, 6 or 11. 11 for single mode N if the channel is clear.
  • What security mode are you using? Preferred security is WPA-Personal. WPA2/AES Only. Some WiFi adapters don't support AES, so you might want to try TPIK only or Auto TPIK and AES.
  • What wireless devices do you have connected?
  • Any cordless house phones?
  • Any other WiFi routers in the area? Link> Use InSSIDer to find out. How many?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
    How far away is the DAP from the main host router?
[/list]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:16:10 AM by FurryNutz »
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.