D-Link FAQ > Router FAQs

Achiveing OPEN NAT in game with two or more game console online at same time

<< < (15/16) > >>

FurryNutz:
Ok, loaded v1.00 on the 868L. 868L is connected to main host router in it's DMZ.
I Noticed that NAT Endpoint UI features are listed. I believe they are missing in later versions of FW. Loaded v1.12WW and the NAT Endpoint feature is missing from the UI. Looking at the v1.12 UI with out any styles reveals the NAT Filter feature is there and marked at Port and Address Restricted.

First test was with default NAT set to Port and Address Restricted

Here are the results of the test:

UPnP Test (?): found: DIR-868L
UPnP Port mapping works

STUN Test (?): Port Address Restricted Cone NAT

UDP Binding Test (?): Endpoint independent binding, port prediction is easy
TCP Binding Test: Endpoint independent binding, port prediction is easy

I changed to Endpoint Independent, rebooted the router, cleared browser caches, exited the browser then re-tested:

UPnP Test (?): found: DIR-868L
UPnP Port mapping works

STUN Test (?): Full Cone NAT

Did a test with the main host router NG R7800, cleared browser caches, exited the browser and tested:

UPnP Test (?): found: R7800 (Gateway)
UPnP Port mapping works

STUN Test (?): Full Cone NAT

So based on NAT Filter setting on v1.00 seems to dictate NAT kind. Any chance of getting NAT Filter UI features added back?  ::)

Gattsu:
Remember, the request to add the feature back was already rejected back in 2013. =)

Try this: On 1.0, set to "Endpoint Independent" only and then save the configuration. Update firmware to the latest and then restore the configuration. Test the NAT again.

FurryNutz:
Ok.

I presume that may not work. I already tried to select EndPoint by using No Styles, saving the configuration. It still reported PAR NAT.

FurryNutz:
Well, very interesting.

Got FULL CONE NAT after loading v1.00, setting Endpoint Independent, setting up wifi. Then saving the configuration. Then didn't do a factory reset, just applied v1.12 FW over v1.00. I see that the router configuration was not erased and it kept the v1.00 configuration I had set up. I looked at the Firewall UI with no Styles and found Endpoint Independent was still selected after the v1.12 was installed.

Connected the 868L to my main host router in the DMZ and ran the NAT test: FULL CONE NAT
http://nattest.net.in.tum.de/individualResult.php?hash=538f0fb18ecac7f21006ebae9fe3c222

So do this mean the save configuration from v1.00 is saving the NAT Filter tables and even after applying v1.12 that the IPtables or filter rules for endpoint indy can still work? Can you explain this please?

I'll get my 868L set up as the main host router and do more testing with it being online and connect my two game consoles.

--- Quote from: Gattsu on October 12, 2017, 02:21:30 PM ---Remember, the request to add the feature back was already rejected back in 2013. =)

Try this: On 1.0, set to "Endpoint Independent" only and then save the configuration. Update firmware to the latest and then restore the configuration. Test the NAT again.

--- End quote ---

FurryNutz:
Ok, put the 868L online as main host router. FULL CONE NAT:
http://nattest.net.in.tum.de/individualResult.php?hash=9d4889b497c15bdd7ea94d2d6a075c31

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version