• April 27, 2024, 12:43:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA-552 No IP Win 7  (Read 5372 times)

mburden

• Level 1 Member
DWA-552 No IP Win 7
« on: January 15, 2010, 09:15:08 AM »

Hi all,

I've just installed this card on my new Win 7 machine but I can't get it to assign an IP to its self, it shows all the available networks and it will connect to my network but no IP just the autoconfig one I have the latest drivers from D-Link and am running Win 7 with all windows updates. I would appreciate any help

-Matt

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
Re: DWA-552 No IP Win 7
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 09:30:03 AM »

Hi Matt,

Did you check your Router, to see if the Network Filter is on or off?
thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

retread

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 08:30:06 PM »

Hi all,

I've just installed this card on my new Win 7 machine but I can't get it to assign an IP to its self, it shows all the available networks and it will connect to my network but no IP just the autoconfig one I have the latest drivers from D-Link and am running Win 7 with all windows updates. I would appreciate any help

-Matt

I just transferred my DWA-552 from a new Intel machine where it worked, to an AMD machine where it will not.  The issue appears to be the same as you are reporting. [Chaintech/AMD/WinXP Pro]
The adapter icon shows all 4 green bars (over 80% signal strength), authenticates, but will not assign IP.  Looks like it wants to, but drops connection about every 5 - 10 seconds.

I am connected to a WBR-2310 router (g) configured for WPA2-PSK/TKIP.  AES does the same.  I am wondering if there is a way to slow down the auto search for IP.... if I knew how to do this, it might shed some light.  Any help out there?

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 06:24:02 AM »

Hi retread,

Your WBR-2310 Router has a Network Filter. Is it on or off? Look at it from a Wired Computer to the Router.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

retread

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 05:47:52 PM »

Yes, the Network Filter is off and all MAC addresses are cleared.  This was the setting I had it at, therefore is not a source of the conflict.

I should report that yesterday I spent over 8 hours troubleshooting this issue and I gave up and installed an ethernet cable.

Some of the things I did:
Varied the interval scan for validity from the default (60) to 120 and down to 20... no change.
Removed and reinstalled drivers and card.
Updated to latest drivers.
Disabled and re-enabled the connection.
Used Windows to attempt repair.
Not to mention numerous attempts to repair using Network Magic.
Disabled Network Magic.
Examined Services... disabled some thought to be unnecessary.
Hardware Device properties show card working, no conficts, etc.

>>> But I did notice that while using the DLink Wireless Connection Utility, that although the wireless connection would not assign an IP, the little circle over the SSID icon would blink off and back on every 10 seconds.  (This corresponds to the connectivity dropout)

I forced an IP assignment by setting my router assignment to static.  The IP gets assigned, the connection is made, but still cannot log onto the internet.  In the meantime that little circle keeps dropping every 10 seconds.  I show 4 full green bars and network connected, but no ability to access the internet.

In the meantime, my DWA-556 is working fine on my Intel computer.  This DWA-552 was working on the Intel box before swapping to the ChainTech/AMD machine.  I can't swap the DWA-556 because the Chaintech does not have PCIexpress slots.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:04:09 PM by retread »