• May 09, 2024, 07:25:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-960L - Wher can I find the camera's WPS pin code?  (Read 3102 times)

StaffanC

• Level 1 Member
DCS-960L - Wher can I find the camera's WPS pin code?
« on: November 14, 2020, 04:48:51 AM »

Dear all,

Sitting in Sweden trying to remote-connect my DCS-960L to its nearby router (Asus RT-AC52U). Both items are physically standing in my apartment in Turkey.

I have asked friends to help out but they only manage to get the camera led into "green-flashing-mode" but the camera does not seem to be able to connect to the Asus router. Yes, my fiends have been pressing the WPS-buttons on both objects.

Some questions I have:

1) What would be the default IP address of the dcs-960L  ?  After a factory reset, I mean? 

2) Where can I find the camera WPS pin code?  ( I had this idea of activating the router WPS functionality from within the router itself; accessing it from Sweden via a DDNS + HTTPS:// internet login ).

3)  Knowing the default camera IP address, is there any chanse of communicating with the camera, through the router ( set to using the same IP subnet  + port forwarding  ) ?

4) Any other ideas on how to get the two pieces connected ?

Kind regards,

Staffan Carlsson
Sweden

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: DCS-960L - Wher can I find the camera's WPS pin code?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 04:37:57 PM »

Any progress on this?

Underneath the camera on the base plate is where the information is.

You have to connect via wifi, and I usually look in windows to see the network i'm connected on to get the ip address of the camera over wifi.