• April 18, 2024, 06:43:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-2230 - Firmware Version 1.20 - Comments & Observations  (Read 5704 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-2230 - Firmware Version 1.20 - Comments & Observations
« on: July 31, 2013, 06:02:21 AM »

D-Link published firmware version 1.20.00 available for download here: DCS-2230 - Firmware v1.20.00.
Please post your comments as a reply to this thread!!!

:)  ;)  :)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-2230 - Firmware Version 1.20 - Comments & Observations
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 06:13:38 AM »

Cumulative Firmware Release Notes are available here: DCS-2230 - Cumulative Firmware Release Notes
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

belvedere

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 08:15:10 PM »

Here are my observations:

• Streaming from inside a NAT router does not work to Mac computers, because Quicktime tries to open a secondary connection on a dynamically chosen port for the stream.  This fails because this is not possible with static port mapping.  My DCS-942L cameras had the same problem until D-Link changed from embedded Quicktime to a proprietary browser plug-in.  (RTSP from Quicktime still doesn't work on any of my cameras because of the port mapping issue, however.)
  • When I enable video clips or snapshots e-mailed using video motion detection, I get a barrage of separate emails with only .log files attached.  I get 5 of these per every email that has actual snapshots in it.  (I do not have anything enabled that would suggest these would be sent.)
  • Needing to use an ActiveX control to draw motion areas is silly.  I have a Mac and have to find someone with a PC (at another location) to set the motion areas.  Use the Java system that the DCS-942L uses.  Seems like D-Link has completely separate groups working on the firmware for various cameras.
  • Would be nice if video motion detection were more sophisticated, such that the camera could reject tree shadows and light reflecting off the window.  (I have it looking outside.)
  • I really like the UPNP presentation.   VLC player allows me to easily browse the recordings on the camera.  Seems to have shown up only once, though.

FarmerJohn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 04:36:09 PM »

Noticed a possible Bug in this version of firmware. OSD cannot be turned off. The system does not take the change and reverts back. Attempted to modify the config settings file, changing the value "osd_show=0" and uploading to the camera but that didn't save the change either.