The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DGL-4300

password reset now no connection

(1/2) > >>

bimurtud:
I reset the network password and don't think I changed anything else.  Now I can't connect.  It usually just skips the password screen, but it brought it up after a restart today.  But my 8 character pass won't work now, it wants 5 or 13.  The kindle still works on this network, and I can still connect to the nieghbors unsecured network.  It's a password thing between my laptop and the router.
192.168.1.126 ip
192.168.1.1 for default gateway (though I think it's supposed to be 192.168.0.1)

help

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!
What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on routers web page under status.
What region are you located?
Are you wired or wireless connected to the router?
What browser are you using?
Try Opera or FF? If IE 8 or 9, set compatibility mode and test again.

What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
What ISP Modem do you have? Stand Alone or built in router?
What ISP Modem make and model do you have?

Some things to try: - Log into the routers web page at 192.168.0.1. Use IE, Opera or FF to manage the router.
Turn off ALL QoS or Disable Traffic Shaping (DIR only) GameFuel (DGL only and if ON.) options. Advanced/QoS or Gamefuel.
Turn off Advanced DNS Services if you have this option under Setup/Internet/Manual.
Turn on DNS Relay under Setup/Networking.
Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices ON the router. Setup/Networking. This ensures each devices gets its own IP address when turned on and connected, eliminates IP address conflicts and helps in troubleshooting.
Ensure devices are set to auto obtain an IP address.
Set Firewall settings to Endpoint Independent for TCP and UDP under Advanced/Firewall.
Enable uPnP and Multi-cast Streaming under Advanced/Networking. Disable uPnP for testing Port Forwarding rules.

Link>Wireless Installation Considerations
What wireless modes are you using? Under Setup/Wireless/Manual.
What security mode are you using? Preferred security is WPA-Personal. WPA2/AES Only. Some WiFi adapters don't support AES, so you might want to try TPIK only or Auto.

bimurtud:
A2, 1.4 version, probably never downloaded updates.  Forgot to mention that I lost the ability to log into the router screen 192.168.0.1, I've tried a couple versions of that number to no avail.   I use google chrome. I have dsl, not sure about the modem. I believe it's built into the antenna/dish on my roof, because the wiring comes into the house and right into the router.  I may have messed with the security, I may have switched it from wpa personal to wpas2 only, but not sure.  If I could get into the router screen it would make a big difference, but the fact that I can't get in may clue someone into my exact problem.

Joe

FurryNutz:
I would do this, turn off all other connected devices. Disconnect the ISP Modem from the router as well.
Use one wired PC connected to the 4300.
Disable any 3rd party security programs like firewalls and anti virus temporarily on the PC.
Do a factory reset of the router.
Use IE and see if you can get to the routers web page at 192.168.0.1.
You could open a windows command line box on the PC, or DOS box and type in the following:
ping 192.168.0.1 and it should return 3 responses back. If it "times outS then there is  possible issue with the 4300.

I would also swap LAN cables between router and PC and test again.

Sounds like you have a Wireless forum inf ISP...

bimurtud:
Got it.  Hooked this directly to the router and was able to get into the router settings.  Changed wpa mode back from wpa2 only to auto.  It says wpa2 is more secure and gives better performance so I switched it but I'm not sure it was compatible with my computer.  Any thoughts?  Thanks again for your help.

Joe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version