• May 12, 2024, 06:21:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: DWA-552 driver interuptions  (Read 150491 times)

kukubau

• Level 2 Member
Re: DWA-552 driver interuptions
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2010, 08:38:38 AM »

THANK YOU SHEKERS-YOU MADE MY DAY!

To all

What is the right value for the "Scan Valid Interval"

And why in the advanced settings for the Atheros AR9285 wireless card with the modified 8.0.279 driver I can't choose at "Wireless Mode" pure 11N signal, only mixed ones (11na etc.). Which is the right value?

I want to set the 11n mode only, not mixed. And why there are three "11b only" values?

What did you set here guys?

Thank you

Missing D-Link

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2010, 01:40:43 PM »

Been awhile since I posted on this, but thought I'd check out what the latest driver from Windows Update provided from Atheros.  DL'd and installed it just a few minutes ago (ver. 9.1.0.100 - 5/28/10).
Checking it with DPCLat shows my 60 second spikes have gone down significantly.
I was originally spiking (a few months back) at around the 3-4000 range on the scale and now it stays within the yellow range of about 1700 to 1800 max.  Plus, I've noticed I picked up a "notch" on wireless reception - going from "good" to "very good".  But I'll have to watch that and see how consistent it is.

Don't know if you guys are having the same results.  Hope so.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:50:11 PM by Missing D-Link »
System: MSI 990XA-GD55, AMD Phenom II 6X 1090T, 8GB GSkill Sniper RAM, 500GB CvBlk S3 HDD, ATI Radeon EAH6870, Asus DVDRW, Realtek audio --- DWA-552 to Motorola SBG6580 --- Win7/64 H.P.

zlink

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2010, 12:35:38 PM »

This card works fantastic from a brand new install of windows 7. Then between windows updates, software installation etc, the card goes to $**T.

I updated the driver to the latest Atheros v9.1.0.100 driver and this did not resolve the issue until......let me preface this with,  I know this sounds whacky but it worked.

1. Install the latest software/driver from the dlink download page 1.60 is the latest.
2. Restart the pc.
3. Uninstall the software and driver (somewhere during the uninstall there is a check box to uninstall the driver)
4. Restart the pc again.
5. at this point the card should be dead and windows should not be able to reinstall the card even with the default drivers. Scan for hardware changes, It will prompt you for the folder to search in, use the extracted 9.1.0.100 Atheros folder and once its finished you should regain your wireless signal fast.

TF

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2010, 04:06:40 PM »

Feel like a late comer . Bought the card - installed in Win 7. Thought my sound card was issue. Discovered latency checker . 
Latency issues - found out when I disabled card - they went away. Then found this forum too late .

I have what is listed as driver -  8.0.0.332

Looked at the  Atheros  site - not sure where to find later drivers ?

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2010, 06:08:10 PM »

Feel like a late comer . Bought the card - installed in Win 7. Thought my sound card was issue. Discovered latency checker . 
Latency issues - found out when I disabled card - they went away. Then found this forum too late .

I have what is listed as driver -  8.0.0.332

Looked at the  Atheros  site - not sure where to find later drivers ?

Hi TF,

When you disabled the Card, you stop all communication, not just the Card's communication.

Suggestion: Reformat and Reinstall Windows 7. Install the DWA-552 Card, before installing anything else. Install the latency checker and test. After you add into 7, check the latency after each change. I don't think that the DWA-552 Card itself in the problem. Test the different drivers, before installing your other programs.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

joerockets

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2010, 05:00:08 PM »

Hi, had the same issue as everyone else using a Netgear WNDR3700. In a roundabout way, here's what worked for me.

Fresh install of Win 7 64.  Worked fine with latest D-Link drivers until Win 7 updated itself.  Card stopped working using WEP, WPA, WPA2-SPK or WPS.  Tried various drivers, would work intermittently but couldn't get on the internet.  Finally, resorted to unsecured network. Connected but at a very sluggish speed (though the network monitor said 300kbps).  Reinstalled orignal Dlink drivers (V1.7?). Windows updated itself again with one of the updates being drivers for the DWA-552.  Set my router to WPA2-SPK and connected using WPS PIN.  Now super fast connection and stable for the last few days. 

Hope this helps

TF

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2010, 04:54:18 PM »

Don't think I  wil do a fresh install at this time -but if I did,   would check latency at every step. For now I will disable the card whem recording audio. Where can the latest best drivers be found ?
Mine are:
athrx.sys 8.00.322 provider Athereos
vwifibus.sys 6.1.7600.16385   provider MS

stoned_cat

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2011, 05:04:55 AM »

Hi. I've found that DOWNGRADING to driver version 7.3.1.42 fixed this issue for me. Hope this helps.

TF

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2011, 11:07:28 AM »

Never tried to roll back driver - I just disable card when I use sonar x-1. An odd tweak to be doing in 2011. Will attach  a pic of how wireless bandwith going to zero coincides with latency spike. (not quite sur how to do here - the attach image incon is giving an error message)

angryjedi

« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2012, 08:41:34 PM »

Hi everyone,

I hope this thread is still being monitored! I've had similar pop/click issues with my DWA-552 on Win7 Ultimate 64bit. I'm using a USB recording interface that my monitors are hooked up to. After some troubleshooting, I found that disabling the WiFi adapter cleared up all my DPC Latency issues.

I know many fixes have been suggested in this thread - I'm going to try using the latest modified Atheros driver (currently, I have the latest D-Link driver installed) and work my way backwards.

Just wanted to ask if people actually found some sort of resolutions for this problem.

Missing D-Link

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2012, 11:15:58 PM »

Okay, probably my last post on this thread. Got my previous system (AMD 965 Vista 32 setup) working fine as stated in my last post. Have since upgraded to the system I have listed below using the same 552 card. Distinctive audio pops (latency) returned. First tried using latest drivers from D-Link off the website and 1) was getting the interval pop and also signal strength wasn't coming in as strong.
This evening D/L'ed drivers 9.2.0.113 from Atheros' site; uninstalled the D-Link stuff; rebooted; installed the Atheros driver and now show not only a stronger signal, but the audio pops have disappeared again.

All is well.  :)
System: MSI 990XA-GD55, AMD Phenom II 6X 1090T, 8GB GSkill Sniper RAM, 500GB CvBlk S3 HDD, ATI Radeon EAH6870, Asus DVDRW, Realtek audio --- DWA-552 to Motorola SBG6580 --- Win7/64 H.P.

descendant_7

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2012, 09:05:58 PM »

I an confirm this problem, and offer a possible solution (worked in my case). I was about ready to tear my hair out, and thought my Creative X-Fi Xtremegamer sound card was to blame, due to the overwhelming number of posts on various forums about the "popping/crackling" sound issues associated with the Creative line of products. Then, after careful consideration, I realized I had never had this problem before (before the installation of the DWA-552), and disabled it in the Device Manager. Bingo, no more problems.

After much investigation, and using the third party tool DPC Latency Checker, I discovered the exact nature of the problem: DPC dropouts, most likely due to the WPA-552 performing "periodical background scan activity for wireless networks," causing a hangup in the DPC queue (interrupting device drivers from communicating with the operating system). I found a third party program called WLAN Optimizer, which disables this background scanning behaviour, and solved my DPC latency issues; no more crackling, and audio playback is finally unmolested! Beauty!

Not to say that the blame needs to fall on D-Link, I think the issue may simply be that some systems have many/all of their PCI slots populated with devices, leading to a potential overcrowding of data streaming. My own system is dual SLI, in addition to the X-Fi sound card, and the WLAN card. Still not sure why disabling this single feature of the WLAN card solves the issue... Anyways, hopefully my discovery will help anybody else dealing with this headache.

Cheers!

descendant_7

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2012, 09:10:19 PM »

I didn't read through all the pages until after posting and see there are already some other solutions out there. I guess WLAN Optimizer is just another way of achieving the same end of disabling the background scanning.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]