• April 19, 2024, 06:23:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Why does DNS-323 keep waking up  (Read 2288 times)

cosmokramer

• Level 1 Member
Why does DNS-323 keep waking up
« on: February 28, 2015, 03:03:51 AM »

Hi folks, I have a DNS-323 (firmware 1.10, 2 x 1.5TB Seagate) running funplug 0.7 and Twonky server 8.0.2, which allows me to stream video to my TV. Since upgrading from Twonky 7.02 (and effectively reinstalling funplug) my DNS is going to sleep irregularly despite HDD hibernation being set up to 30 minutes. I've disabled automatic re-scanning in the Twonky software and also any logging activities but in spite of this the HDD is waking up when I'm not accessing it directly.

Is there a way to diagnose what's waking up the HDD or keeping it awake? Or does anyone have any other tips / experience in this area?

Much obliged
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 03:05:32 AM by cosmokramer »

fordem

• Level 10 Member
Re: Why does DNS-323 keep waking up
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 11:23:07 AM »

Start by unplugging the network cable and watching it - if it wakes with the network cable disconnected, then it is being woken by an internal process, if it doesn't, then it's being woken by external access.

If it's an internal process, disable funplug (rename the script) and observe, if it wakes, it's being woken bu the OEM firmware, if it doesn't, it's a funplug process - consult the funplug people.

If it's an OEM firmware process, disable ALL the servers and observe - it should not wake - re-enable each server, one by one, and you should find which one is the cause.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Why does DNS-323 keep waking up
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 05:20:58 AM »

@cosmokramer were you able to isolate the cause using fordem's recommendation?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC